Low Effort GDT Draft day - 7:00 SN PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Most teams have only made one or two selections, we have made 5. it may be Ottawa’s weakest selection at first glance but you need players like him to win.

That's not sound reasoning. Just because we have a ton of picks doesn't mean we should draft guys who we know will be depth players. Again I point to Englund and ask would you take him in the second round again?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
What purpose do you serve here? This a forum to discuss prospects. I could say this exact thing about every prospect and I wouldn't be technically incorrect but I'd be a facetious asshole.
What? I didn’t say anything bad about what you posted? I just said who knows as he will take a long time to develop, so he could be a completely different player in four years. He could develop an offensive game and be a decent puck mover. He could completely flop. I don’t draft draft picks until 5 years have passed.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What? I didn’t say anything bad about what you posted? I just said who knows as he will take a long time to develop, so he could be a completely different player in four years. He could develop an offensive game. He could completely flop. I don’t draft draft picks until 5 years have passed
If he doesnt come in 3 years he is a free agent they will need to make a decision before that. I hate the pick with the skill still on the board at 52 right now.

Reactions: Ed Wood

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
When you start getting into the mid second round, everyone is going to have warts. If someone from higher on a mock draft is still available, there is usually a reason. Sometimes that reason is bullshit (Fillip Forsberg falling) and sometimes it plays out how you expect (Angelo Esposito).

I still remember guys thinking Sprong was a huge win for the Pens in 2015:

"Should have been a 1st rounder", "What a steal". The teams ahead of him were being criticized for passing and doing "reaches".

Guys like Aho, Carlo, Fischer, Cernak, etc.. Don't fall in love with pre-draft rankings.

Reactions: Pinto Bean

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
That's not sound reasoning. Just because we have a ton of picks doesn't mean we should draft guys who we know will be depth players. Again I point to Englund and ask would you take him in the second round again?
I say who the hell cares, he’s highly regarded by a lot of scouting agency’s, most notably #36 on Bobs list; Just because he isn’t flashy doesn’t mean he is bad. I don’t know much about him and i HIGHLY doubt you do too. let’s reserve judgement here until we see him play.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
What? I didn’t say anything bad about what you posted? I just said who knows as he will take a long time to develop, so he could be a completely different player in four years. He could develop an offensive game and be a decent puck mover. He could completely flop. I don’t draft draft picks until 5 years have passed.

If this kid can barely get out of his zone now, what makes you think he can at a higher level? Idk man, not a fan.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
What? I didn’t say anything bad about what you posted? I just said who knows as he will take a long time to develop, so he could be a completely different player in four years. He could develop an offensive game. He could completely flop. I don’t draft draft picks until 5 years have passed
Nope, instead you cherry picked my post and sarcastically responded. And you didn't say what you stated you said. You even revealed that your fav part of this draft is seeing the blogger boys upset.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
If this kid can barely get out of his zone now, what makes you think he can at a higher level? Idk man, not a fan.
Who said he can barely get it out of his zone now? I don't think the Sens would move up if they believed that was the case. They must believe in his upside.

I'm not comparing him to Chara at all but he was a guy who was a completely different player after development.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
What? I didn’t say anything bad about what you posted? I just said who knows as he will take a long time to develop, so he could be a completely different player in four years. He could develop an offensive game.

Sorry, I shouldn't have responded that way. Just felt like you were trying to shut down discussion on the pick but if that wasn't the case I apologize. I get what you mean but the chances of a player developing hockey IQ is very low. Kleven will be a heavy hitter but his average footspeed and below average puck skills don't bode well for him becoming an effective NHL defenseman.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
In terms of a truly high level we only have Stutzle and Batherson who do it.

Maybe L Brown too but that's it. And none of these guys are established yet.

Batherson did not make NHL yet. He looked out of place and overwhelmed most of the time. So far he is not a top six material. May be in the future. We have only Stutzle as top six and did not draft any help for him. Very frustrating. Simply insane!

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020

On the NTDP no less. The best players in your cohort and you're struggling to break out the puck with that kind of support? That's a big red flag for me.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Hoping for Will Cuylle at 61 for maximum blogger-boy pain.
This just seems like such a stupid reason to like or dislike draft picks, hilarious that you aren't the first person to make this comment. Very unfortunate and explains a lot about people's opinons in regards to many of the moves the team makes.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Batherson did not make NHL yet. He looked out of place and overwhelmed most of the time. So far he is not a top six material. May be in the future. We have only Stutzle as top six and did not draft any help for him. Very frustrating. Simply insane!

hahahaha so much wrong in a post.

by your assessment of Baherson, Stutzle is also not a top 6 because he didn't make the NHL either. " may be in the future"

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
On the NTDP no less. The best players in your cohort and you're struggling to break out the puck with that kind of support? That's a big red flag for me.

Not going to claim to be a scout or anything, but I don't really like the pick judging by what Scouching is saying , and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad