Low Effort GDT Draft day - 7:00 SN PART 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly I know very little of him aside his stats but his numbers do look impressive. And a hot start this year.

But Greig and Kleven are players that imo only have middle 6 upside. This team needs playmakers.

I think we have a bunch of playmakers and no scorer to be honest. I like the Jarventie pick though I'll say that.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
My concern with Kleven is his complete inability to move pucks. I get what he brings physically but you can find players like that much later in the draft. That's also not taking in to account that it's another LD which is not at all where we need to add players. I really liked the Jarventie pick but this pick was hot trash. I remember people saying the same shit when we drafted Englund about "new Methot" which drives home what kind of pick this was.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
My concern with Kleven is his complete inability to move pucks. I get what he brings physically but you can find players like that much later in the draft. That's also not taking in to account that it's another LD which is not at all where we need to add players. I really liked the Jarventie pick but this pick was hot trash. I remember people saying the same shit when we drafted Englund about "new Methot" which drives home what kind of pick this was.
Most teams have only made one or two selections, we have made 5. it may be Ottawa’s weakest selection at first glance but you need players like him to win.

Reactions: The Brady Bunch

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Don't know enough about prospects to comment about the Kleven pick but it worries me that we have so many eggs in the UND basket even if it is a good program. What if Covid decides to make its way there, or some other issue? Its unlikely*, but all those prospects could potentially lose a year of development. I'm probably being way to risk adverse.

*As someone who is currently living in stateside anything is possible at that moment.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Well thank goodness then that the Sens didn't take him 9th like Jared Cowen!

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I think we have a bunch of playmakers and no scorer to be honest. I like the Jarventie pick though I'll say that.

In terms of a truly high level we only have Stutzle and Batherson who do it.

Maybe L Brown too but that's it. But honestly this team needs both. Gunler would have been a nice gamble.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Wasting picks to trade up and to waste again to draft off the board)))))))))))))) I have had enough. So predictable. Kleven is not moving the puck at all and will not learn this skill. Why to draft this player if you know 100% this guy will never make NHL?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Who knows. He will take 4+ years to develop.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Maybe L Brown too but that's it. And none of these guys are established yet.

Of course but the only scorer we have is Duclair and that's if he's part of this core going forward.

Batherson and Stutzle are probably our 2 best forward prospects at this point. L. Brown is a bit of a mistery but his playmaking ability is off the charts.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Wasting picks to trade up and to waste again to draft off the board)))))))))))))) I have had enough. So predictable. Kleven is not moving the puck at all and will not learn this skill. Why to draft this player if you know 100% this guy will never make NHL?
Bruh, he's 36 on McKenzie's list. He's not off the board.

Reactions: SensFactor

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This is right around where Kleven was supposed to go.... what did you expect?
You must be fun at parties

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Maybe L Brown too but that's it. And none of these guys are established yet.
Still a huge gaping hole at Center too. Norris is nice, but not much else unless Logan Brown pans out. Hendrix Lapierre would have been nice.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Have you seen him play?

Yes. Have you? If you have watched him then you'll see that he's not good at moving the puck which is necessary for D in todays NHL. I liked the Sanderson pick yesterday because he's the prototypical transition d-man that is the future of the NHL. He may end up being a bottom pairing defender but why not try and find a guy to fill that role deeper in the draft and swing for a high risk high reward player instead. It's all compounded by the fact that we gave up a 3rd to move up, how quickly we all forget the Gabriel Gagne BS.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Great pick by Montreal. Wouldnt have fell to the sens without trading up I just wish they had taken a player with some upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad