Proposal: BUF / WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

LMAO, you know the NHL can’t control the tampering and even they know it. That’s why there were giant contracts handed out in free agency a minute after it started. That’s why they gave up and added the “Negotiation Period. I don’t see why you are trying to make it a big deal. It’s a fantasy board have a little fun.
Huh? They literally removed the negotiation period. If your argument is "oh they will just tamper" then then conversation is a complete waste of time

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
:sabres

Nikolaj Ehlers (extension in place)
Alex Iafallo

:jets

2024 1st (#11)
Peyton Krebs
Henri Jokiharju

NTC aside, curious to see what others think of the value here.
Would love Ehlers on the Nucks.
This is a very well put together proposal.

The jets will always need top lottery picks as a way to build since they aren't a hot spot for UFA's, Krebs is meh but still an NHler with potential and Henri seems to be the type of D Jets fans seem to think would help.

For the sabres they absolutely should have been doing deals with their lottery picks and prospects for the last couple of years. This perpetual rebuild needs to end and at some point picks and prospects are far better served being used as assets to get some frigging vets to compliment the excellent young core. A trade like this is a great start and as much as Levi could be the guy one day getting a stud goalie now along with a vet dman would pretty much propel them into a team that could really make some noise.
Cherry on top is they have so many cards to play they could pretty much beat any other team.

Call me crazy and I'm sure I'll get shit on but I think the sabres could absolutely pry Sorokin out of Long Island, considering how Roy trusted Varly more and the fact that the Sabres have some really appealing pieces for a team that needs to get younger and much better offensively.

I mean both Roy and Lou are kind of oddballs and nutty.

I dunno as a nucks fan Ive always cheered for the Sabres as expansion cousins and the fact both franchises have never won shit as well as Sabre fans being some of the best and loyal fans there is.

Sorry to get way off topic.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
No it can't, that's the point. It's not like Buffalo doesn't have the assets, just wait until July 1st then talk to Ehlers legally
Yes it can, Jets can give Buffalo permission to talk to Ehlers agent. Then the contract can be signed July 1st.

No rule against it.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't really see a speedy playoff no-show perimeter skilled winger as the greatest remedy for what ails Buffalo's team. But i think the value is pretty fair here. And it'd certainly make sense to me from a Jets perspective. Particularly if they don't want to, or aren't able to get a sensible extension worked out for Ehlers and are ready to move on.

I'm also probably higher on Krebs than a lot of people. But that's solid value for an impending UFA and an okay Middle-6 Forward. Getting a RH Shooting defenceman like Jokiharju in the mix seems helpful for Winnipeg. And the 11th pick is still within that range that they should get a real solid prospect - which is big for the Jets as a NTC pariah, to be able to draft and develop long-term homegrown talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad