Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The inevidable finally happened, unfortunately it cost us a 1st rd pick. Not sure about Chiarelli, it's wait & see.

Reactions: guyzeur

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Chiarelli has lots of experience, and he has a background in law.

You have to keep in mind that job titles don't mean much in the NHL. Each organization defines the role of what a GM and POHO do.

If Staios will be in charge of player personnel, it makes sense to bring in someone with the background Chiarelli has in order to help him with certain aspects of operating the team, and also to be a front man for the organization. Staios comes from a player background, so it makes sense to bring in an experienced exec. with an actual law background.

Of course, the above is a hopeful and positive look at it. Knowing our luck, Batherson and a 2nd for Peeke is in the can.
I can see this setup work as an interim solution to help Staios get his bearings in his new role. I can't see this work in the long run.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
I disagree that Chiarelli is a better GM than PD. He rendered Edmonton ground zero during his time there, and that was only over four years. They might still be a bottom feeder had they fired him later on.

Chiarelli spent 3 full seasons in Edmonton. Their record over that span was 114-109-23.

It was disappointing because of the hype after his run in Boston, but they weren't exactly a bottom feeder when he was there, and they haven't been since he left.

The Hall for Larsson trade is unfairly criticized, I actually think that was a good trade. It got blown up by the colored graph brigade on Twitter.

The Eberle and Reinhart trades, plus Lucic contract, were bad, though.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Yes, it was him
stephen-colbert-screaming-gif.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Matsens15

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
You didn't nail it at all. Staios didn't oversee Dorion for a full season, and he's not being fired because Staios is unhappy with his performance, he's getting let go months after Andlauer bought the team for gross negligence and absolute baffoonery. He lasted 8 regular season games.
if not, Dorion could go as soon as mid-season.

Obviously he was not happy with the Dadonov situation, so he was fired mid-season.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Chiarelli spent 3 full seasons in Edmonton. Their record over that span was 114-109-23.

It was disappointing because of the hype after his run in Boston, but they weren't exactly a bottom feeder when he was there, and they haven't been since he left.
Hall is clearly seen as a bit of a flawed or just support player, regardless of that NJ success. He's made the rounds. Not quite on the same level, but it's imo akin to us whining about losing Hoffman because he went and scored 40+ in Florida after. Does anyone really care about that loss at this point? And we didn't even get anything useful back like they did with Larsson.

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
if not, Dorion could go as soon as mid-season.

Obviously he was not happy with the Dadonov situation, so he was fired mid-season.

8 games in is mid season to you? 1 sentence prior you also said Staios will oversee him for a full season. My God man are you ever huffing the copium today lmao

Reactions: Sensinitis

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
Reactions: Nevins

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

The Hall for Larsson trade is unfairly criticized, I actually think that was a good trade. It got blown up by the colored graph brigade on Twitter.

The Eberle and Reinhart trades, plus Lucic contract, were bad, though.

Hall is clearly seen as a bit of a flawed or just support player, regardless of that NJ success. He's made the rounds. Not quite on the same level, but it's imo akin to us whining about losing Hoffman because he went and scored 40+ in Florida after. Does anyone really care about that loss at this point? And we didn't even get anything useful back like they did with Larsson.

Taylor Hall won the Hart trophy. Regardless of roster needs that was a very bad trade based just on value.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
8 games in is mid season to you? 1 sentence prior you also said Staios will oversee him for a full season. My God man are you ever huffing the copium today lmao

Really picking at straws if we are trying to dismantle an argument by being off on the timeline between mid and early season.

Just let it go PD is fired time to rejoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad