Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How are you perfectly fine with another clown GM after Dorion's topsy turvy tenure?

Hell, PC might be even worse.
Because I highly doubt it would be a long term hire in that role, and because legitimately anything would be better than what we currently have in Dorion.

Just having an Andlauer hire in place will make an absolutely monumental difference in having the rotting corpse of a dead man walking.

Reactions: DrEasy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Nailed it on the day Andlauer was announced the winner of the bid:

1698865194549.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Wondering if the press conference is being televised…. A few people I know are wondering

IMG_2881.gif

Reactions: Matsens15

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Bruce not taking this well by already messing the first sentence of his article.

Andlauer and Staois made the announcement Thursday afternoon during a hastily called news conference at the Canadian Tire Centre.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Don’t think it’s a bad move whatsoever.

If Chiarelli is just purely a talking head and POHO or something and has ZERO say on player decisions then fine. I’m ok with him being a talking head but he can’t make player decisions he’s been awful

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
he at least has a history of success. dorion has never had success.
The words couldn't win with McDavid are not a symphony to the ears. Nor is trading an MVP player for a decent D-man, nor trading the 16th OV for the Griff.

Those are Dorion-esq moves IMO. Gonna have to be MUCH better than that. The last thing we need is for him to wake up, smoke a cannon and trade Stu for a defensive D-man.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Because I highly doubt it would be a long term hire in that role, and because legitimately anything would be better than what we currently have in Dorion.

Just having an Andlauer hire in place will make an absolutely monumental difference in having the rotting corpse of a dead man walking.

I disagree that Chiarelli is a better GM than PD. He rendered Edmonton ground zero during his time there, and that was only over four years. They might still be a bottom feeder had they fired him later on.

Reactions: R We A Team

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Nailed it on the day Andlauer was announced the winner of the bid:

View attachment 761358

You didn't nail it at all. Staios didn't oversee Dorion for a full season, and he's not being fired because Staios is unhappy with his performance, he's getting let go months after Andlauer bought the team for gross negligence and absolute baffoonery. He lasted 8 regular season games.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Chiarelli has lots of experience, and he has a background in law.

You have to keep in mind that job titles don't mean much in the NHL. Each organization defines the role of what a GM and POHO do.

If Staios will be in charge of player personnel, it makes sense to bring in someone with the background Chiarelli has in order to help him with certain aspects of operating the team, and also to be a front man for the organization. Staios comes from a player background, so it makes sense to bring in an experienced exec. with an actual law background.

Of course, the above is a hopeful and positive look at it. Knowing our luck, Batherson and a 2nd for Peeke is in the can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad