Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
Great news. It was never going to last with the new owner coming in. Better to rip the bandaid off earlier rather than later to let the healing begin.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Dorion while Not the greatest GM had some very petty Queen moments. I respect that. It’s funny. I like funny

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
The firing was an inevitability, the only question was timing. The million dollar question is who's next as GM? It's such an important decision.

It'll be impossible to judge a new GM when they are named, purely based on their name. It'll have to play out over the next numerous months and years.

Pierre got 8 years. I'll give the new guy 2 until I praise or shit on him.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Time for a gif party!

dance-party.gif

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Isn't it weird to have such an experienced GM with such an inexperienced, younger POHO as his boss?

I'm really hoping Chiarelli is just interim

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I sure hope they make an inspired hire to replace him. Believe it or not, we could do worse. This is a pretty darned good roster, it will suck if someone like Chiarelli comes in and ruins it.

Reactions: Flamingo

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
How are you perfectly fine with another clown GM after Dorion's topsy turvy tenure?

Hell, PC might be even worse.

Dorion had a long-run of being a clown, in Ottawa.

The new GM, whether it's Chiarelli or someone else, will not have that same history, in Ottawa.

Let them at least make a bad trade before shitting on them.

Don Waddel was awful in Atlanta. He's been great in Carolina.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'll take a combination of Staios and Chiarelli with a bolstered front office over Dorion and the clownshow any day of the week.

No big decision will be made without Staios/Andlauer in the mix, much like the Gorton/Hughes situation in Montreal.

Let's see if Chiarelli would be here long term or just as interim. In any case Dorion out the door was a necessity.

Reactions: DrEasy

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Chiarelli has demonstrated an inability to build a winning team around a superstar duo. His attempts were generally confusing, misguided, and generated no results of note. After three seasons of underachieving in Edmonton, he was fired midseason by the Oilers. In that time, how has Chiarelli improved? He hasn't.

I hope he's learned from mistakes, or better yet, Staios just takes over GM duties until we get someone who does not have a habit of wearing clownshoes.

Sens fandom is endlessly entertaining and also filled with pain.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Dorion had a long-run of being a clown, in Ottawa.

The new GM, whether it's Chiarelli or someone else, will not have that same history, in Ottawa.

Let them at least make a bad trade before shitting on them.

Don Waddel was awful in Atlanta. He's been great in Carolina.

Chiarelli has plenty of bad trades and contracts to his name already without me needing to give him time for more screw ups in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad