Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You can tell they wanted to do this for a minute just needed the perfect opportunity .

As someone who has no issues defending Dorion when it is deserved. After the news today there was no way he could continue being the GM.
Agreed, the loss of the first rounder was the reason SS was waiting for, and he will probably take over as GM until “his Guy” is available…

DJS better get his act together, as he is no longer the GMs hand picked Coach, and is now coaching for his life…. Otherwise he will be..
1698864891877.gif

Reactions: Cosmix

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Chiarelli may be better than Dorion but he's proven beyond a doubt that he's not good at his job

He wouldn't be a good hire

Reactions: Cosmix

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Damn it's happening.

Hate to see a guy lose his job... but this has been a long time coming.

Gotta wonder who takes over. Staois?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Agreed, the loss of the first rounder was the reason SS was waiting for, and he will probably take over as GM until “his Guy” is available…

DJS better get his act together, as he is no longer the GMs hand picked Coach, and is now coaching for his life…. Otherwise he will be..
View attachment 761353
I thought you said they will likely be let go in the off season.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Apparently, Staios and Andlauer will be at the PC, no one else. Doubt we hear about a replacement today.

My guess is if Chiarelli is brought in, it'll be an advisor role, and a full scale GM search will happen in the summer.

Forgetful

Oct 29, 2020
I absolutely don't want Chia but it could be slightly worse, at least it's not Fletcher or Benning

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I almost feel bad for Dorion. Lose the career and become a laughingstock of the entire industry. That must suck.

I don't feel bad for him.

He became GM because of being in the right place at the right time. The same issues that made it possible for him to be GM are what exasperated the issues with his narrow functional orientation to fail as GM.

After Bryan Murray, he could have left Ottawa and worked his way up somewhere else that had more stable and less meddling ownership and a proper management group surrounding him. The obvious downside to that is there is no guarantee he becomes GM, let-alone maintains an A-GM role.

He was one of the longest running GMs in the league because of the nature of how things were under Melnyk. So there is both pros and cons to the way it worked out for him. I don't think he was viewed as some grade A hire when he was promoted to GM. I don't recall there being rumors about other teams trying to poach him when he was an AGM here. Tim Murray was the one who got poached.

Reactions: Cosmix and starling

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Sure. Never said he didn't.

I didn't start shitting on Dorion until year 3-4 of his tenure. I'll give the new guy the same grace period.
I was actually excited for Dorion to get the job. Maybe that's in part because the only other rumored candidate was Randy Lee, but still.

Then he came out quickly with that Zibanejad trade and that instantly raised red flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad