Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
With respect to the D core/managment it’s an all encompassing issue.
From our end out.
They don’t seem to utilize the greatest strength of the D which is mobility.

In our own zone the far side D man is rarely an outlet.
In the offensive zone we don’t pinch hard down the boards very often.
We give up both bluelines way too easily.

It’s so frustrating to watch.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
That 1998 team was incredible. One of the best international squads ever put together. Of course having Hasek in net made it a little unfair.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
It sucks though because at so e point he'll get fired. I'd rather have him be in management/hockey ops and stay with the franchise long term.

he doesn't have to get fired. if it goes bad they can just promote/move him to hockey ops.

alfie is eternal.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I love Alfie but St-Louis was a tier above.

Mind you, not like the difference was massive but Marty had an incredible career.
The benefit of being in the right place at the right time in a lot of cases.

Always hard to know what the difference was or if it was just more beneficial circumstances.

Also, that puck was in the net for Calgary lol.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
What s frustrating, we don’t hear if the team have start interviewing. Normally we hear names that have be interviewed

Roy for coach and gm would be the perfect fit. Don’t know what they waiting

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Better throw the ban hammer down on em then I'd say!

Almost forgot... :sarcasm:
IMG_5815.jpeg

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What s frustrating, we don’t hear if the team have start interviewing. Normally we hear names that have be interviewed

Because they don’t want Roy for coach and/or GM, most likely

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
People realize that Patrick Roy is litterally the riskiest coaching hire we could make right? I don't understand the infatuation, he's a terrible fit for a team that is begging for stability.

He is stubborn, he is unconventional, he's a lightning rod for criticism and he is a players coach who doesn't call out his players, like DJ.

I would be all for it if we were a good team needing a kick in the pants (like WPG before this season for example) or if we were a desperate team with a window closing (like VAN before the season started, or MIN) or if we were a tough city that could handle his antics no matter what (like PHI). But we are none of those.

We are a fragile franchise with a new owner who just wants some stability and to put pieces together one by one that add up to a winning formula, which we are on the cusp of. People seem to want the fireworks show and I don't get that, the damage Roy could cause is just not worth it. It's the ultimate roll of the dice and I don't think anyone should want that path right now.

edit- added a missing word

Last edited:

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018

A couple of thoughts on your comment.

I think MA and SS are very discrete and want to avoid the circus of a media show when speculating. So if they are interviewing they are doing a terrific job at keeping it quiet.
More likely...

...they have a name(s) of people they like, those people are unavailable and they are willing to write off the year until they can get the person at the top of their list. He won't compromise on GM is my guess.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A couple of thoughts on your comment.

I think MA and SS are very discrete and want to avoid the circus of a media show when speculating. So if they are interviewing they are doing a terrific job at keeping it quiet.
More likely...

...they have a name(s) of people they like, those people are unavailable and they are willing to write off the year until they can get the person at the top of their list. He won't compromise on GM is my guess.

And good on them if that's the case. Next GM will likely be here a decade. Got to make sure it's the right person for the job.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Mathieu Darche ( Tampa AGM ) + 9 other possible GM options .. sez Ian Mendes in new article. Bilingual? ✔️ pourquoi pas?

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014

There’s a stink hanging around Roy. Until that goes away, he won’t be hired. Additionally, I’m not sure what you see in this guy that others (myself included) don’t.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Mathieu Darche ( Tampa AGM ) + 9 other possible GM options .. sez Ian Mendes in new article. Bilingual? ✔️ pourquoi pas?

"Over the past month, The Athletic has spoken to a handful of executives, scouts and national media members to try and get a sense of which candidates the Senators might consider to be their general manager. Here is a list of 10 candidates who might make sense to ultimately replace Pierre Dorion in Ottawa."

It's just another listicle.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
There’s a stink hanging around Roy. Until that goes away, he won’t be hired. Additionally, I’m not sure what you see in this guy that others (myself included) don’t.
16 season of coaching and just two under 500. This year his team win the LHJMQ championship and the Memorial trophy. Know how to work with the new generation player. He have respect aura arround him. Imagine the marketing that could bring and the first game the Sens play against Montreal.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
16 season of coaching and just two under 500. This year his team win the LHJMQ championship and the Memorial trophy. Know how to work with the new generation player. He have respect aura arround him. Imagine the marketing that could bring and the first game the Sens play against Montreal.

You know who else was a successful CHL coach?

DJ Smith

Reactions: Hale The Villain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad