Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I remember the first time I used ArriveCan, I couldn't figure out how to answer the first question because it seemed like they hadn't considered that Canadian citizen could be visiting Canada but lives in the U.S. I called them and was advised to check the Other box iirc. The form you filled out at the Airport that was used before ArriveCan was equally bizarre. It wasn't clear which address & phone number you needed to enter for a Canadian citizen living in U.S. but was going to quarantine at a Canadian address. So they called me at my U.S. phone number thinking they could reach me there while I was in Canada. It didn't matter in the end because I think they were overwhelmed and just couldn't keep up and do much.
They phoned my friend who is Canadian citizen and lives in US, they called him on his US cell phone # in Canada, and he answered.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I’m not sure how it can be anything else given the facts we do know and the punishment that was handed down. The severity suggests foul play.
MacTavish was the AGM at the time. As a lawyer, I imagine he was the one who took care of contracts. I heard it reported elsewhere that MacTavish was not on the trade call with Vegas and the league which would be strange if he's was in charge of contracts. Maybe Dorion didn't enquire as to whether a new list had been submitted (hear no evil, see no evil) so he would have plausible deniability. Also can't forget that MacTavish left the organization a few months later. I wonder if he was interviewed during the investigation? I don't think the penalty would have been so high if it was simply a clerical error.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
They phoned my friend who is Canadian citizen and lives in US, they called him on his US cell phone # in Canada, and he answered.
Sure, if you have coverage. I didn't at that time, so gave them the phone # of the place I was staying (in Canada).

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Brisebois was in interview at TVAsport. JIC ask him if he have to give a permission to talk to Darche recently. He smiled and said he will never hold someone back and never talk about it on tv.

I read somewhere in french this week end. That said, a source close to Andlauer told him Darche would be the new gm soon

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brisebois was in interview at TVAsport. JIC ask him if he have to give a permission to talk to Darche recently. He smiled and said he will never hold someone back and never talk about it on tv.

I read somewhere in french this week end. That said, a source close to Andlauer told him Darche would be the new gm soon

Brisebois may be open to letting him leave for a promotion elsewhere, but that could get dicey if it's before the trade deadline, draft or free agency, when Darche would have inside knowledge about Tampa's targets.

Outside of the slow summer period after every team has made their moves, I can't think of a more opportune time to let a member of the front office go elsewhere than in the first couple months of the season.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

By Friday would be nice, keep the good times rolling :)

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I feel like Darche is really well respected, seems like he would be an awesome hire if they go that route

Reactions: swiftwin

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
IIRC, when Rick Dudley left we got Rob Zamuner and (maybe) a draft pick from Tampa.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
IIRC, when Rick Dudley left we got Rob Zamuner and (maybe) a draft pick from Tampa.
They got rid of compensation for front office a few years ago.

As far as I can remember the Oilers were the last to be hit with those, sending a 2nd and 3rd for Chirelli and McLennan in like 2015 or something

Reactions: swiftwin

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

As far as I can remember the Oilers were the last to be hit with those, sending a 2nd and 3rd for Chirelli and McLennan in like 2015 or something

And it's pretty bad form to not grant permission (at least in the offseason). I would say it's definitely frowned upon around the league.

Last time I remember it actually happening was Dorion refusing permission for a team to talk to Capuano. That is LOL worthy on so many levels.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And it's pretty bad form to not grant permission (at least in the offseason). I would say it's definitely frowned upon around the league.

Last time I remember it actually happening was Dorion refusing permission for a team to talk to Capuano. That is LOL worthy on so many levels.
The leafs didn’t let us talk to DJ initially as well I believe. I don’t think these things always make the papers….

‘papers’….. guess I’m old now lol

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I thought they got rid of it right before we lost Tim Murray to Buffalo,

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Man, how bad was the Chirelli era in Edmonton? They actually paid compensation to have him come in and f*** up the team.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I thought someone said many moons ago that compensation to other teams for non-hockey staff was now not permitted.

I can see a team refusing to allow its staff to leave during the season and around key events such as the draft and free agency; however, I suspect the terms of the agreement between the employee and the team would have to be followed due to employment laws.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
This super light November schedule, was this Dorion addressing the past bad Novembers by just having less games???? Hmmmm. :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I wonder if Staios is in a holding pattern until he and Andlauer hire a GM.

I am a little surprised we haven't had any front office news .. hiring a Chief scout and adding to the rather minimal scouting staff.
The rebuild may be over sort of, but the Dorion left the cupboards bare using high picks to fill in a roster than isn't ready to even make the playoffs.
Wait and see and evaluate is fine but we should get moving on augmenting our scouting staffs.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Darche is primarily a contract and negotiation guy. Doesnt have much to do with hockey opps. Do you want that guy being the GM? Would Staios have a more hands on role in player personel? Or they hire another assistant GM or does Bowness also get more player personel duties at the NHL level?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Darche is primarily a contract and negotiation guy. Doesnt have much to do with hockey opps. Do you want that guy being the GM? Would Staios have a more hands on role in player personel? Or they hire another assistant GM or does Bowness also get more player personel duties at the NHL level?
Why not, have be finalist in every team interview last two years. Andlauer know him well, He have been his captain for his team. Maybe give Roy agm fonction too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad