Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I doubt that. He’ll get a scouting role or AGM next I’m thinking.

We’ll see. I’m guessing the fact that he committed fraud is a black mark but I could be wrong.

Still stunned by the stupidity of that whole transaction. Call the agent. Anything I need to know about the no trade clause? Yes, it's not valid for Anaheim or other sunbelt team. Really, Dorion said the opposite. He's wrong. Ok, thanks.

GMs don’t expect other GMs to intentionally misrepresent facts to trick them lol.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
We’ll see. I’m guessing the fact that he committed fraud is a black mark but I could be wrong.

GMs don’t expect other GMs to intentionally misrepresent facts to trick them lol.
Doesn't matter what they expect, it's a phone call or a text to an agent to confirm details. I do it for MUUUUUCH smaller amounts than a trade involving a multi-million dollar sports player.

There's so much laziness and stupidity in this it actually hurts.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Doesn't matter what they expect, it's a phone call or a text to an agent to confirm details. I do it for MUUUUUCH smaller amounts than a trade involving a multi-million dollar sports player.

If Vegas called the agent and confirmed the NTC we’d still lose the 1st because Dorion lied to another organization to trick them into doing the deal. That’s what the punshiment is for - the willful attempt to mislead in order to gain a competitive advantage. It’s cheating.

The moment Dorion lied on that phone call the die was cast. Period.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If Vegas called the agent and confirmed the NTC we’d still lose the 1st because Dorion lied to another organization to trick them into doing the deal. That’s what the punshiment is for - the willful attempt to mislead in order to gain a competitive advantage. It’s cheating.

The moment Dorion lied on that phone call the die was cast. Period.
I don’t think we know that he intentionally lied do we?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
This is a really weird hill to die on, my dude. Hindsight can absolutely make a move terrible.
Not a hill…. Just reminding the poster who posted
1699128429955.png

That …. At the time….. it was considered a great salary dump by the GM…. Of course no one ….at the time…. Knew of the preventable mistake that has now cost the organisation a severe penalty.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
At the time, the Dadonov trade was heralded in thread or two, as a brilliant move, for the unloading of a terrible contract, which created $4.425 in Cap space.

little did anyone know, at the time, about the omission/mistaken understanding of the LNT clause

View attachment 762846

It wasn't about capspace. They didn't need cap space.

It was about saving Melnyk money and everyone knew it. People were surprised that Dorion was able to move Dadonov for sure. But I don't think anyone was ecstatic about it.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Not a hill…. Just reminding the poster who posted
View attachment 762890
That …. At the time….. it was considered a great salary dump by the GM…. Of course no one ….at the time…. Knew of the preventable mistake that has now cost the organisation a severe penalty.
A great salary dump for a player that he signed to said salary, lol. It's just like people celebrating PD for managing to dump Murray. It's no different than being praised for buying a lemon for $10,000 and managing to get rid of it for $5,000. The issue should be the initial purchase of the lemon for $10,000.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Can’t see Dorion having a bright future in radio/media.

It was about saving Melnyk money and everyone knew it. People were surprised that Dorion was able to move Dadonov for sure. But I don't think anyone was ecstatic about it.

Dorion must of been telling Vegas from the beginning of trade talks Dadonov hadn’t filed his NTC because Vegas wouldn’t of waited for the contract details until the actual trade call - so misrepresentation probably started early in the process

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I actually didn’t hate dadanov. At the salary obviously not good but I thought he was just a fine vanilla dude who didn’t ruin his lines.

That was at that stage of our rebuild tho.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I don't think Dorion committed fraud because I doubt that he intentionally lied about the No Trade and Movement issue.

However, he was negligent in not checking and ensuring he had the information correct. I also think there is more to this story than both the NHL and Senators have told the public.

I actually didn’t hate dadanov. At the salary obviously not good but I thought he was just a fine vanilla dude who didn’t ruin his lines.

That was at that stage of our rebuild tho.
I did not hate him either; however, I did not think we needed a winger at his age at that time. Rather we needed a younger playmaking puck possession center.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
The NHL has not issued any media releases about Formenton and not issued any public directives as far as I know. The courts have not found anyone guilty of a crime. Meanwhile the London Police have been at the donut shop a lot!
you laugh, but something will happen at the donut shop, and they'll be there.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Given the fact that Dorion apparently told the other team and NHL trade people that Dadonov "did not submit his list to the Senators on time", I would certainly check with the player's agent to discuss that aspect. It should not have been ignored.

you laugh, but something will happen at the donut shop, and they'll be there.
I think I will apply for a police job. :)

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Given the fact that Dorion apparently told the other team and NHL trade people that Dadonov "did not submit his list to the Senators on time", I would certainly check with the player's agent to discuss that aspect. It should not have been ignored.

I think I will apply for a police job. :)
Or is it possible PD saw the list, and went nothing to worry about to Vegas, (Vegas not on it)
not thinking he might be traded a year later again to a team on the list.
Whatever it was incompetence, but that doesn’t stop Vegas from also checking with the agent, before the trade, or over the next 9 months.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Or is it possible PD saw the list, and went nothing to worry about to Vegas, (Vegas not on it)
Yes that is one possibility to explain what might have happened. However, due to the NHL and team coverup, its likely we will never know.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Whatever it was incompetence, but that doesn’t stop Vegas from also checking with the agent, before the trade, or over the next 9 months.
It sure as f*** doesn't.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m not sure how it can be anything else given the facts we do know and the punishment that was handed down. The severity suggests foul play.
I think the punishment suggest negligence that cause roster issues for Vegas and Anaheim.

Failure to be diligent would deserve the same punishment in my opinion.

Willfully lying I think would land a much harsher punishment, including direct punishment from the league towards Dorion.

It could simply be that PD checked the evening of the deadline to submit the new list, and it wasn’t submitted and so he did a few air punches and figured on making some trades.

He never bothered to check again at the deadline.

That is negligence, but not malicious, nor lying. Just dumb.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I think the punishment suggest negligence that cause roster issues for Vegas and Anaheim.

Failure to be diligent would deserve the same punishment in my opinion.

Willfully lying I think would land a much harsher punishment, including direct punishment from the league towards Dorion.

It could simply be that PD checked the evening of the deadline to submit the new list, and it wasn’t submitted and so he did a few air punches and figured on making some trades.

He never bothered to check again at the deadline.

That is negligence, but not malicious, nor lying. Just dumb.

The last time they took a first was the Arizona thing which was an intentional attempt to gain a competitive advantage by “cheating”.

Kovalchuk before that which was an intentional circumvention of the salary cap.

If this was just a mistake/incompetence/negligence then I don’t think this is the punishment. But we’ll never know either way as the NHL will not publish their report.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The last time they took a first was the Arizona thing which was an intentional attempt to gain a competitive advantage by “cheating”.

If this was just a mistake/incompetence/negligence then I don’t think this is the punishment. But we’ll never know either way as the NHL will not publish their report.
The problem here that makes it different was that there were two teams arguing that they could have and would have done things differently that could have netted them better results past the deadline and into the post season.

Hell Vegas could have been pushing that it could have cost them a chance at the cup.

That’s a lot different than summer time testing and attempts at cap circumvention.

Two teams had their seasons directly, and negatively affected by negligence in Ottawa’s end. Thats a higher punishment regardless of how it happened.

I think the league would have hit PD directly if he had been caught lying.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

If they're taking a first round pick away, I'm certain that they've got enough information to suggest it wasn't a mistake or incompetence.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The problem here that makes it different was that there were two teams arguing that they could have and would have done things differently that could have netted them better results past the deadline and into the post season.

Hell Vegas could have been pushing that it could have cost them a chance at the cup.

That’s a lot different than summer time testing and attempts at cap circumvention.

Two teams had their seasons directly, and negatively affected by negligence in Ottawa’s end. Thats a higher punishment regardless of how it happened.

I think the league would have hit PD directly if he had been caught lying.

It’s possible. I’m not sure what personal punishment would have been levied - once the first was taken it was more or less a certainty that Dorion would lose his job. I suppose they could have instituted a life time ban on serving in management positions or something? But is there any precedent for that? I have no idea.

There are a lot of odd facts. Dorion taking the trade call alone. McTavish leaving right after the trade went down. Vegas and the league pursuing this so aggressively.

I think Dorion rolled the dice and hoped that Vegas just wouldn’t trade him to someone on the list. He learned from Melnyk after all.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
List all the actors , roles and responsibilities including administration
Identify data requirements and a data model
Identify and List the functional and non functional requirements.
Identify all the security requirements
Tell us how you overcome data entry errors
You don't have to do design and development .. but leave time within the couple of hours estimate to complete it.
Get back to us when you are done.
Oh. 1970s waterfall SDLC. You're dating yourself.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad