Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
So, I think Dorion gets another GM job somewhere in the league (if he's allowed). It was only a month ago that TSN was praising him for drafting all these great young players.
He used to be a former scout so that may have played a part. But there is also a scouting dept so hard to know who deserves the praise. As for the new negotiated contracts, I'll give him that but some of his contract extensions or contract offers came back to bite him in the ass (Murray, Del Zotto, Debrincat). His asset management skills are sub-par so I don't think it's likely he'll be a GM again IMO. It sounds like this debacle went beyond a simple mistake which was why the penalty was so high. Being a GM means your word is your bond. If the other GMs don't trust you, then the likelihood of his being granted another opportunity is unlikely IMO. Many portions of the job seemed to be out of his league (no pun intended) such as managing the cap, ensuring assets would remain here before giving away the farm, hiring coaches, etc., and it showed. I wish him well but his departure was long overdue.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Tampa in town tomorrow. Maybe Micheal lunch with Darche. Ask him who you will hire for coach. Darche answer Roy, alright your my new gm

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
lol. I didn't even bother noting (because it's a cheap shot) that we have an american coach on staff and I'd like to shoot him in the sun.

I also like how he uses fan reactions to a player (say Chabot) as a way to, I dunno, make American players better than everyone I guess.

Also, if we assume those player profiles as gospel, then they can have Batherson because he was born in the US and we can claim Sanderson because his father is a Canadian NHLer and I figure his hockey sense and skill is more due to nature and input from the old man than it is due to the great hockey factory of Whitefish Montana
It is an inane viewpoint: that because player x is from the US, they'll get along better with US staff.

The only potential scenario where that makes even a remote bit of sense is if there's a language barrier.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
It is an inane viewpoint: that because player x is from the US, they'll get along better with US staff.

The only potential scenario where that makes even a remote bit of sense is if there's a language barrier.
or culture. I remember talking to a sales guy at a conference i was at in the U.S and he was a bit of 'that guy', so he tells a story about being in Canada for the first time.

"I was worried about going to a foreign country. Then I see, driving on the right side, restaurants I know, hotel is american chain. Great. I turn on the t.v. CBS, ABC, ESPN. cool. Then I change channels to something called C.B.C and they are showing curling for 3 hours, like what planet am I on".

I also remember the early days of the raptors where guys where concerned about playing out of T.O because apparently, they figured that the map said "here be dragons" along the 49th.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Kyle Dubas had basically no experience at 30 years old and gets the GM position in Toronto. He does not draft anybody that makes a significant impact in the NHL. It was hard to watch... THEN Pittsburgh sings him as the GM.

If Dubas can do that then PD can come back from Dadonov.
Dubas has managed to convince the league that he's a genius, which may or may not be true. Dorion has managed to convince the league that he's a bumbling idiot, which is true.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Just watch, Danny Devito has had like a 60 year career. It's always Sunny, amazing show.

Devito kind of looks like the mini-me to Pierre Dorion lol.

View attachment 762535
Danny Devito in his younger days was a straight ringer for Dorion

1699088193069.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Norris4Norris

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
or culture. I remember talking to a sales guy at a conference i was at in the U.S and he was a bit of 'that guy', so he tells a story about being in Canada for the first time.

"I was worried about going to a foreign country. Then I see, driving on the right side, restaurants I know, hotel is american chain. Great. I turn on the t.v. CBS, ABC, ESPN. cool. Then I change channels to something called C.B.C and they are showing curling for 3 hours, like what planet am I on".

I also remember the early days of the raptors where guys where concerned about playing out of T.O because apparently, they figured that the map said "here be dragons" along the 49th.

Canada would be way more interesting if that map was accurate.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Kyle Dubas had basically no experience at 30 years old and gets the GM position in Toronto. He does not draft anybody that makes a significant impact in the NHL. It was hard to watch... THEN Pittsburgh sings him as the GM.

If Dubas can do that then PD can come back from Dadonov.
Dadanov was not his sole boneheaded move!

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
it would almost be like NHL giving us a pick back ......
The NHL has not issued any media releases about Formenton and not issued any public directives as far as I know. The courts have not found anyone guilty of a crime. Meanwhile the London Police have been at the donut shop a lot!

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Dadanov was not his sole boneheaded move!
At the time, the Dadonov trade was heralded in thread or two, as a brilliant move, for the unloading of a terrible contract, which created $4.425 in Cap space.

little did anyone know, at the time, about the omission/mistaken understanding of the LNT clause

1699120866770.png

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
At the time, the Dadonov trade was heralded in thread or two, as a brilliant move, for the unloading of a terrible contract, which created $4.425 in Cap space.

little did anyone know, at the time, about the omission/mistaken understanding of the LNT clause

View attachment 762846
This is a really weird hill to die on, my dude. Hindsight can absolutely make a move terrible.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
List all the actors , roles and responsibilities including administration
Identify data requirements and a data model
Identify and List the functional and non functional requirements.
Identify all the security requirements
Tell us how you overcome data entry errors
You don't have to do design and development .. but leave time within the couple of hours estimate to complete it.
Get back to us when you are done.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Still stunned by the stupidity of that whole transaction. Call the agent. Anything I need to know about the no trade clause? Yes, it's not valid for Anaheim or other sunbelt team. Really, Dorion said the opposite. He's wrong. Ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad