Confirmed with Link: Dorion fired. Staios interim GM.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Re: Andlauer talking about meeting with Dorion to demand his resignation. Shouldn't that have been Steve Staios' call? What's the point of having a POHO if you're just going to make all his decisions anyway? I've been happy with Andlauer's ownership so far but his insistence on being in the spotlight and front and centre of every hockey issue is starting to give me Melnyk vibes.

Definitely something to keep an eye on for sure but at this moment a presser to introduce a POHO and GM firing when ur poho is just one month into a job can be somewhat justified I would have wanted to hear this from Andlauer who followed it closer than Staios anyways

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You really weren't though, since you said Staios would evaluate him for a full season, and then make the decision the following year mid season-- which he didn't. He lasted 8 games.

Whatever makes you feel better today though man, I know losing your senpai must be tough on you. I'll let ya have this one.
Hope swiftin stays around we need the positive energy. But I mean he was so loyal to PD maybe he goes with him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I wonder if Ryan Bowness gets an opportunity, maybe he & Staois do it together for a while.
Highly doubt it.

They have in mind who they want. They will bring their guy in during the off-season.

I’d think it’s more likely he’s replaced than promoted.

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
Andlauer has every right to be pissed off with the league. They had more than enough time to wrap up this investigation before the sale was anywhere near completed. It would be tough to prove, but it really feels like this was covered up until after the sale as to not hurt the final selling price.

Does anyone know if he could potentially take the league to court over not disclosing this during the sale process?
When the current core ages out, a great draft pick this year might have been an asset that could either delay the rebuild, or if good enough, allowed current assets to be moved for later draft picks, bypassing a rebuild.
In the right circumstances, this 'surprise' punishment could be worth tens of millions of dollars. I hope he sues, or uses the leverage of possible legal action to reduce the punishment.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Re: Andlauer talking about meeting with Dorion to demand his resignation. Shouldn't that have been Steve Staios' call? What's the point of having a POHO if you're just going to make all his decisions anyway? I've been happy with Andlauer's ownership so far but his insistence on being in the spotlight and front and centre of every hockey issue is starting to give me Melnyk vibes.
Andlauer said her met up with Staois to tell him he was thinking about letting Dorion got and to discuss their options. He decided to meet with Dorion because as he put it, Dorion is a proud man who really cares about the org and there's a human element so he didn't want it done from a distance, instead he did it over dinner with Dorion.

I really think Andlauer handled everything close to perfectly, don't get at all how you think this is him craving the spotlight or Melnyk vibes.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
atleast its not chairelli that be even worse then dorian all the best to pierre on his future and welcome staios

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Highly doubt it.

They have in mind who they want. They will bring their guy in during the off-season.

I’d think it’s more likely he’s replaced than promoted.
Really? I thought they were friends. We'll see.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I just don’t see how anyone can defend Chiarelli based on his past performance.

It’s indefensible

The sheer number of young star forwards he's traded away is staggering.

Seguin for Eriksson + Smith, Wheeler for Peverly, Hall for Larsson - all are fireable offenses.

Like with Dorion, not only has the end results of Chiarelli's moves been bad, but so has the process and the "thinking" behind the moves.

Reactions: DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if Ryan Bowness gets an opportunity, maybe he & Staois do it together for a while.
Staois said he was going to empower the staff, so Bowness can expect to take on a bit more in light of Dorion being gone but I suspect there will still be a very clear chain of command with Staois at the top.

Reactions: aragorn

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Andlauer said her met up with Staois to tell him he was thinking about letting Dorion got and to discuss their options. He decided to meet with Dorion because as he put it, Dorion is a proud man who really cares about the org and there's a human element so he didn't want it done from a distance, instead he did it over dinner with Dorion.

I really think Andlauer handled everything close to perfectly, don't get at all how you think this is him craving the spotlight or Melnyk vibes.
dumped him over dinner ouch I hope he atleast paid the bill after firing him lol.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Ok so does no one remember Chiarelli's time in Edmonton?

Can we not find someone who isn't a clown please?
I agree. Ken Holland is still trying to clean up his mess although he must now regret signing Jack Campbell. Consistent goaltending is difficult to find, ask any Sens fan lol.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You shouldn’t. He’s truly terrible.
Was the local media good at discerning which decisions were his vs Melnyk's? I always tried to follow that stuff but had a hard time figuring out which decisions were his.

I liked a lot of the moves he made, but he does deserve to be removed for the worst ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know he was bad, but I don't think he was THAT bad. He's literally got Ottawa looking better (on paper) that they have in a long time, and almost none of that has to do with the new owner.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Was the local media good at discerning which decisions were his vs Melnyk's? I always tried to follow that stuff but had a hard time figuring out which decisions were his.

I liked a lot of the moves he made, but he does deserve to be removed for the worst ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know he was bad, but I don't think he was THAT bad. He's literally got Ottawa looking better (on paper) that they have in a long time, and almost none of that has to do with the new owner.
He was that bad. Beyond bad.

They have been rebuilding, bottom of the league, for 7 straight years. Not once in the playoffs, amd already over the cap. Of course they look better. And they don’t even have a 1st round pick from the past 3 drafts, and have just lost another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad