Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
If you look back at Boston's history they only have 1 cup in 50 years. I suppose if you decide to hear "67 chants", you're never going to be happy. Yet some how Boston is the hockey gold standard. Wtf?
Only because they had the leafs number on and off the ice. In the reality of leaf land they were note worthy. There falls begain let's just hope it's often. By the way I loved watching everyone of those years and everyone since.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No no no, we need a GM who has never made a mistake in his career... Never mind that the only way you find one of those is hiring somebody with zero experience, because if you're experienced and available, you've made mistakes. Hence why you're on the market in the first place.
Now, that is logic!

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
And then let Treliving trade some of our young stars, he has a great track record there.
I wouldn't exactly blame Treliving for that. Tkachuk wanted out and Huberdeau and Weegar is one hell of a haul coming back. Not a single person thought that was a bad trade and was pretty much unanimous in thinking Treliving had a great off season.

I think Huberdeau's down year had more to do with Sutter. It was mentioned on Spittin Chiclets that a majority of the team when interviewed were done with Sutter and the reason he was let go. This was after Treliving left after ownership wanted to keep Sutter. Wouldn't surprise me if Huberdeau has a 80+ pt season next year with a new coach.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I wouldn't exactly blame Treliving for that. Tkachuk wanted out and Huberdeau and Weegar is one hell of a haul coming back. Not a single person thought that was a bad trade and was pretty much unanimous in thinking Treliving had a great off season.

I think Huberdeau's down year had more to do with Sutter. It was mentioned on Spittin Chiclets that a majority of the team when interviewed were done with Sutter and the reason he was let go. This was after Treliving left after ownership wanted to keep Sutter. Wouldn't surprise me if Huberdeau has a 80+ pt season next year with a new coach.
50 50 I would say. A 30 year old for a 25 year old and a defenseman with one above good season. Tkachuk is a game changer. Big opps.

If they made that trade and kept Johnny hockey and still netted Kadri somehow then its better. But also only on EA

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I can't imagine proven winners like Crosby/Malkin/Letang taking orders from those two losers
Well, it's time for their tank and rebuilding anyway. A positive point of all that is the Penguins' board will gain a lot of "Leafs" fans.

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

oh no .... please don't go

No no no, we need a GM who has never made a mistake in his career... Never mind that the only way you find one of those is hiring somebody with zero experience, because if you're experienced and available, you've made mistakes. Hence why you're on the market in the first place.
Yes because everyone looks for a spotless record

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
50 50 I would say. A 30 year old for a 25 year old and a defenseman with one above good season. Tkachuk is a game changer. Big opps.

If they made that trade and kept Johnny hockey and still netted Kadri somehow then its better. But also only on EA
Again, Tkachuk wanted out. He was going to be leaving regardless. Calgary was still in a position where they could compete in the West and they returned a player who had 115 prs the previous season and had been well over ppg the previous 3 yrs and a top 4 D man. That's as good a haul as you're going to get unless you decide you're rebuilding.

Reactions: Dreakmur

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Why this talk about Dubas replacing Sullivan? He's not leaving Pittsburgh. More than a few insiders, analysts, etc. have already stated this.

And there's still a very real chance Dubas stays in Toronto, even if they lose series, if both sides can agree on terms of an extension.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why this talk about Dubas replacing Sullivan? He's not leaving Pittsburgh. More than a few insiders, analysts, etc. have already stated this.

And there's still a very real chance Dubas stays in Toronto, even if they lose series, if both sides can agree on terms of an extension.
Dubas to Pens rumours are not going away.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
There is no reason to get rid of Dubas after what he has done this season to improve the team. He laid it all out there, this isn't on him, it's on the players.

Hate the Leafs, but gotta give this guy his credit.

What Dubas should do is trade one of your "core 4" or whatever they are calling them. If he doesn't and you get same result next year, then maybe dump him.

Out of the 4, I'd probably trade Nylander. Marner isn't going to get the return you guys want, trading mathews may be suicidal, and Tavares would probably retire a leaf. Nylander is odd man out. Would like to have him on the Wings, so if anyone has trade proposals with the Wings, would like to see where your heads are at. TOR can't really take roster players back with the cap (i am assuming)

Det:
Nylander

TOR:
BOS 2024 1st
Wallinder or Albert Johansson (A Prospects-defense)
I am assuming another pick

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
Dubas deserves to be fired for hiring Keefe

edit: and the Sandin trade after Gio, Mcabe, Holl and Brodie collapse.

Reactions: fan87

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Bye Dufus

Attachments

• 063B5050-73BC-45FA-A08E-F64527797E18.jpeg
    063B5050-73BC-45FA-A08E-F64527797E18.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 2

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
O'Reilly slow as bread and Acciari given too much importance as seen on the game winner for Florida. Especially when we needed goals from supporting cast. In a circumstance to score a goal, he costs us our season like a scrub.

All in year my f***ing ass. Get out Dubas.

Reactions: sunstersun

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Fitting that his prized find Holl was on the ice covering no one on the winning goal

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
So predictable, I knew this dubas era would end like this, just ridiculous. Have fun if you give matthews 13 mil plus per, that’ll definitely end your cup dreams.

Reactions: JKG33

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Weeza about to find out. I think they bring him back, IF he is willing to fire Keefe and trade one of the core 4... by one of the core 4 I mean Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad