Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
If the leafs do lose tonight and the Leafs need a re-tool. I trust Dubas more in rebuilding the core than someone else.
Remember that pedestrian bridge in Florida that collapsed while they were building it. I kinda doubt the same engineers who botched the construction process were tasked with fixing the situation.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I think most people do not think much of the win over Tampa, especially after their performance in round #1. They were outplayed in 4+ of the 6 games and the game they won handily, Hedman and Cernak played a combined 17?? minutes. They have 1 regulation win in 9 playoff games.

Who knows maybe a new coach can get the most out of these guys in the playoffs. I'd kick the tires on Gallant but have concerns as to why he was let go by the Rags.
I'm not one for nitpicking wins all that much (ex. Montreal beat us without Tavares). Injuries happen, teams have to make the most out of the situations they find themselves in, an OT win is still a win. Totally fair for anyone to have a different viewpoint though (and you've absolutely brought up valid criticisms of the team).

Reactions: ToneDog

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Almost started a thread in the Trade Rumor Board:

"Value of: Kyle Dubas to the Pittsburgh Penguins."

How soon after tonight do we see Kyle move over to PIT?

Reactions: ToneDog

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Ed Snider owns the Flyers through his company but yes a disaster. The Knicks and Rangers are own by a publically traded company, MSG which Dolan is the Chairman.

MLSE has never shown a reluctance to allow moves if necessary for any of their teams.

IMO, single owners are worse than corporate for the most part.
Ah I didn’t realize Snider was still heavily involved with that group. Yeah, he’s not too many rings below Ballard was. Dude is nuts.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The Leafs report cronies finally bashed the core and that alone tells us somethings up. My first thought, based on their tone, is Dubas is planning on staying and will ship out a core player or two

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The Leafs report cronies finally bashed the core and that alone tells us somethings up. My first thought, based on their tone, is Dubas is planning on staying and will ship out a core player or two
So the guy who bet everything on this core, small skilled forwards and his BBF gets a redo ?? How embarrassing for him and the whole organization to admit they got it wrong 5 years in a row.

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
Though in this scenario the Leafs would likely be closer to being Calgary - giving up the younger, highest valued asset.....
Yea people don't ever look at the Calgary angle of change, I'm not sure they are loving the change for the sake of change. Not that they had a choice.

Hell even Florida barely scraped into the playoffs, not that it matters since you just need to get in, but they weren't a great team all year.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Yes. One of the best in the league. Look at whats he's done lately. Look at what Tampa gave up for Janneaut. Look at what we gave up for 6 PLAYERS.

He is who I want making trades moving forward. Period point blank.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
There are few freshies with game experience available.
If we want to a young up coming GM, there are many choices

One of the smartest people out there is Bobby Holik. Right now he's coaching but he's a great mind
I would like to see Bobby part of leafs management in some capacity

Sean Burke, Roberto Luongo, Craig Conroy are available for opportunities

Coaching: Q

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Any chance Bennett gets suspended for fighting after the game is over ? Clear violation of the rules, intent to injure, punching a downed player, after the game is over, gloves still on. So many violations in one play, most importantly fighting near the end of the game/after the game, clear violation and automatic 1 game suspension if we're going by the official rulebook.

My guess is Parros will just "miss this one" but get the other ones "right" hopefully we see some sort of integrity from the league, but fully expecting nothing.

Reactions: OddyOh

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
As the title states…
here's a question, should this team as assembled be LOSING to Florida?
if you answer Yes, then, Dubas should be fired.
if you answered No, then it's not a Dubas issue, its the Coach

...now, if the Leafs lose, and Dubas doesnt fire Keefe, then Dubas deserves to be fired, and the entire management needs to be cleaned out.

Pleayers can be re-assessed (except Holl, he's gone no matter what) by the new coach.

Any new coach would want to come here because of the Core, and depth
Personally, the Leafs should have won this series going away, but, they played a bad system against a team that changed their style vs us.
I still dont like our defense at all though, too soft/weak but, that can be remedied this off season by letting Holl go, and trading Brodie.
I'd try to land at least one of if not two of:
Gavrikov
Soucy
Mayfield
who would add the size and edge we are missing without breaking the bank (i.e. same $$ as Brodie or less)

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
MLSE will not want to deal with the Coach Q baggage
Agreed. They fired Dusty before he even got here because of reasons...I doubt the will want the media to hound them for hiring Q. But then again...If Haley becomes the President...maybe that negates it. It's so hard to keep score with all that kind of political stuff nowadays.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Wait. People think Dubas needs to be the GM because he's best equipped to "handle the extensions" of our big players?

So Dubas can mess them up like last time? A new GM would be better suited to come in with a fresh look and take care of the mess Dubas left us in.

Oh, and yeah, his trades have been an overall failure. Overpaying for grit after years of claiming the New NHL (TM) doesn't need grit. I hope he goes to a rival team. That would be one less team we'll have to worry about.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Agreed. They fired Dusty before he even got here because of reasons...I doubt the will want the media to hound them for hiring Q. But then again...If Haley becomes the President...maybe that negates it. It's so hard to keep score with all that kind of political stuff nowadays.
Giving someone a second chance would be very woke of President Wickenhiser

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
So the guy who bet everything on this core, small skilled forwards and his BBF gets a redo ?? How embarrassing for him and the whole organization to admit they got it wrong 5 years in a row.
I don't think they would be embarrassed if they re-sign Dubas. Some fans might be, but it is their team. Getting something wrong is not embarrassing. You just try to get it right.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think they would be embarrassed if they re-sign Dubas. Some fans might be, but it is their team. Getting something wrong is not embarrassing. You just try to get it right.
No no no, we need a GM who has never made a mistake in his career... Never mind that the only way you find one of those is hiring somebody with zero experience, because if you're experienced and available, you've made mistakes. Hence why you're on the market in the first place.

Reactions: Leaf Fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad