Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If Dubas does get another job immediately after Toronto boots him - then good for him. I'll never hate on another man trying to make a living.

The funny and ironic thing in all of that was back in 2019 people were insistent that Babcock would be immediately hired somewhere after being fired and Dubas would never get another job in the big leagues. Might turn out to be the exact opposite.

I think you're off the mark here - ROR - although not every impressive this round, still looks to make way more of an impact shift to shift than Tavares.
I don't recall that.
I believe it was assumed that he was owed far too much money for another team to take on.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
When Burke was turfed, we gave his understudy a couple years...

Maybe there's someone under Dubas that we can employ until the right person comes along. Prindham seems to understand the lay of the land here....

You don't need to find an immediate replacement right away and if Shanahan survives we know he has a network that he can create in an instant here.

1683732981936.png

How about we give Hayley Wickenheiser a chance at this? :)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I don't recall that.
I believe it was assumed that he was owed far too much money for another team to take on.
He has had interviews with other teams, so clearly they were willing to pay. But I'll stop it as this isn't a Babcock thread, very old news.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
He has had interviews with other teams, so clearly they were willing to pay. But I'll stop it as this isn't a Babcock thread, very old news.
I thought the D.D.L. company line was no one would even talk to him.
Who interviewed him?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Who interviewed him?

1683733645437.png

Mike Babcock is still operating under his guaranteed contract taking home $6.25 mil annually paid to sit on his couch which ends with the end of Leafs season this year.

Dubas could give Babs a call and tell him to come into work today and step behind the Leafs bench tonight. :wg:

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
View attachment 706090

Mike Babcock is still operating under his guaranteed contract taking home $6.25 mil annually paid to sit on his couch which ends with the end of Leafs season this year.

Dubas could give Babs a call and tell him to come into work today and step behind the Leafs bench tonight. :wg:
Yeah I could see how that call would go:
1683733943481.gif

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Who interviewed him?
Washington back in 2020 interviewed him, there was rumors with Seattle, and the Canucks allegedly interviewed him a few months back.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Washington back in 2020 interviewed him, there was rumors with Seattle, and the Canucks allegedly interviewed him a few months back.
Thanks....can't believe I missed all that.

Reactions: IPS

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Who interviewed him?
There was some recent unconfirmed smoke that he interviewed with Vancouver before they got Tocchet. This was after he said he was done with coaching a few months ago, but since he is about to stop drawing a paycheque his perspective might be different now. I believe he and Gallant both interviewed for the Washington position before they hired Laviolette who's deal is expiring so who knows if the Caps are going back to their old list. I can't see Laviolette back.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Babcock is retired. No reason to think he’s coming back, nor should we really want him.

Fwiw, I don’t recall ever hearing anything concrete about him interviewing for any nhl jobs since he was fired. Just radio speculation from unreliable sources

Last edited:

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
At some point you have to ask why he trusts the horse. Especially because he didn't pick the horse(s), he inherited them.
for it to drink the horse must trust the leader, maybe there's a leader out there, or maybe the horse is Ret@##@d

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
View attachment 706094

very politically correct.

but just a figurehead.

more proof this team is about perception than actually winning playoff series.

What the hell are you even talking about?

It’s just politically correct because she a woman? Why is it you assume she is a figurehead? Are you there overseeing her work duties?

Wickenheiser is perfectly qualified to coach hockey players and is no doubt being supported by the organization for the NHL specifics she doesn’t have experience with.

Anyone suggesting she must be purely a political hire needs to do some self reflection as to why they think the way they do.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
View attachment 706087

How about we give Hayley Wickenheiser a chance at this? :)
The last thing this team needs is more of the same. Bring someone in that's external. Nobody on this list should get the GM job

for it to drink the horse must trust the leader, maybe there's a leader out there, or maybe the horse is Ret@##@d
If the horse is ********, what kind of leader is dumb enough to keep a ******** horse around?

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Anyone suggesting she must be purely a political hire needs to do some self reflection as to why they think the way they do.

It's an actual job. It takes YEARS to get good at.

let's say 10,000 hours.

She is a good hockey player.

a 100% unproven player developer.

She doesn't have NHL experience at any capacity.

The fact YOU ASSUME because she's was a great player for women's hockey ..... and that makes her a great player developer .... IS RIDICULOUS.

Apparently you know nothing about teaching, coaching, mentoring, etc.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
What the hell are you even talking about?

It’s just politically correct because she a woman? Why is it you assume she is a figurehead? Are you there overseeing her work duties?

Wickenheiser is perfectly qualified to coach hockey players and is no doubt being supported by the organization for the NHL specifics she doesn’t have experience with.

Hockey players yes, NHL players no.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Why is everybody concerned with Dubas getting another job if we don't extend him? Are you worried about your ex finding another guy if you decided she wasn't for you?

Way I see it Dubas has two options:
1. Change nothing from the core or head coach = take a lap
2. Agree to trade 16 or 88 in addition to firing Keefe = here's a 3 year deal

Reactions: Suntouchable13

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Why is everybody concerned with Dubas getting another job if we don't extend him? Are you worried about your ex finding another guy if you decided she wasn't for you?

Way I see it Dubas has two options:
1. Change nothing from the core or head coach = take a lap
2. Agree to trade 16 or 88 in addition to firing Keefe = here's a 3 year deal
Who's 'everybody'?
I don't think anyone is concerned.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs GM competency test. (the ability to do something successfully or efficiently).

Question: Should Leafs keep and extend Kyle Dubas?

Kyle Dubas choice of goalies to lead Leafs to 2023 Cup : Matt Murray, Ilya Samsonov and Erik Källgren.

Test: Season on the line.

Obvious choice go with Lou Lamoriello's self drafted prodigy Joseph Woll.

Conclusion: Results speak for themselves.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What presser?
If Dubas has already signed a deal was the conversation....and if he has I was just saying how awkward the presser would be especially if they bow out tonight and get swept......with Shanny saying Dubas has an extention....

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad