Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope he goes to the Sens. I loathe the Sens. I'd piss myself with giddiness if they ended up with him. They look to be building something good there, and my only hope is they hire Kyle before it's too late.

I hope so too. I live in Ottawa and seeing a good team would be great for the city.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I think they would win one before us, again, but I hope the Leafs can find a GM that can put together a team that can win in Toronto.
That says more about Crosby/Malkin/Letang relative to the Leafs core than it does about Dubas

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I hope so too. I live in Ottawa and seeing a good team would be great for the city.
I also hope so. They can hang their 2nd place division banners and individual hardware with Dubas, and the Leafs could go back to having an easy 1st rd matchup against them

Yeah... exactly.

Says more about the players here than the job of the current management.
Almost like the GM should do something about the players he's in charge of

Reactions: myleafs

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Go look at any successful team in the modern era, what do they all have in common?

Clue: A+ cap structure on their stars

Our cap structure is garbage. Dufus gets all the pieces handed to him, drafts none of them, screws up all their contracts and builds a no heart, no emotion, no tenacity culture.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
It's year five for Dubas.

At that point Sakic had lost in the first round, missed the playoffs three times, and lost in the first round again.

It's not a direct comparison, of course, but just one example that building a winner does take time.

I think the better example is John Wooden with the UCLA men's basketball team. One of the most successful college basketball coaches ever, but it sure was a long time coming.

When Sakic was hired, his team was bad and he had to build a core. Dubas inherited a record-setting team flush with elite talent. Their situations are not close to the same.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Would be nice to see one here too. Getting embarrassed every year in the playoffs on starting to get stale.

I mean how can you not like what Dubas has done here 🤣

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I also hope so. They can hang their 2nd place division banners and individual hardware with Dubas, and the Leafs could go back to having an easy 1st rd matchup against them

Almost like the GM should do something about the players he's in charge of

I don't think the GM can play for them but he definitely stuck by them and they proved him wrong time and time again. Sometimes you put your faith into good players and it backfires. What a dumby.

Would be nice to see one here too. Getting embarrassed every year in the playoffs on starting to get stale.

I mean how can you not like what Dubas has done here 🤣

Hope the next guy, if there is a next guy, can get figure it out and fix the embarrassment. I'm sure it will be easy!

Who's doing it?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't think the GM can play for them but he definitely stuck by them and they proved him wrong time and time again. Sometimes you put your faith into good players and it backfires.

Hope the next guy, if there is a next guy, can get figure it out and fix the embarrassment. I'm sure it will be easy!

Who's doing it?
My issue with Dubas putting his faith in them is that if me, some dickhead from Winnipeg, can see they're a failure, why can't their own boss see it? It shows horrible judgement on the part of Dubas, and hes done nothing to show hes this hotshot GM. And i have no idea why you'd wish success for someone who's wasted so many years of the Leafs

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I don't think the GM can play for them but he definitely stuck by them and they proved him wrong time and time again. Sometimes you put your faith into good players and it backfires. What a dumby.

Who's doing it?
If Super-Duper world's bestest GM Kyle Dubas doesn't can't do it, I doubt anyone can.

How there is a Stanley Cup awarded every year to a team that does not have Kyle Dubas as their GM, is beyond me.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
My issue with Dubas putting his faith in them is that if me, some dickhead from Winnipeg, can see they're a failure, why can't their own boss see it? It shows horrible judgement on the part of Dubas, and hes done nothing to show hes this hotshot GM. And i have no idea why you'd wish success for someone who's wasted so many years of the Leafs

Because I probably don't think it's all on him and I think he's done far more good than bad? We've seen cup bearing GMs here screw up ROYALLY here, a whole lot worse.

But I get it and I'm all for canning everyone and starting fresh. I'm sure it can't get any worse... right?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If Super-Duper world's bestest GM Kyle Dubas doesn't can't do it, I doubt anyone can.

How there is a Stanley Cup awarded every year to a team that does not have Kyle Dubas as their GM, is beyond me.

It's going to be OK All Mod Cons. Things always work out in the end. I'm sure you'll get your wish soon.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Kerfoot, Reilly, Brodie & Holl are all the players that have stuck around over the past 5 years. Not a single one of them you would consider an emotional, inspiring, physical or mean player. Thats essentially our entire core over the past half decade that is a gutless bunch of players. Cant win with them, cant do it.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Because I probably don't think it's all on him and I think he's done far more good than bad? We've seen cup bearing GMs here screw up ROYALLY here, a whole lot worse.

But I get it and I'm all for canning everyone and starting fresh. I'm sure it can't get any worse... right?
Have to agree to disagree there. He's had a couple good moves I'll agree. But the bad outweighs the good and the moves he hasn't made also hurt his case.

This is certainly the worst it's been in my lifetime. I was a prouder Leafs fan during the Burke era than I am now, because of how pathetic this group is despite having all the talent in the world

yes, you are a realistic fan that doesn't drink the Kool Aid unquestionably
Are you referring to me or the people voting yes?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I hope Dubas goes to Pittsburgh and wins 3 cups if the Leafs are dumb enough to let him go.

Whatever happens, I hope everyone gets a GM they really want. Not sure who that person is. Maybe Marky Mark Hunter can try his shot?

Dubas' past failures have nothing to do with Mark Hunter, just like his potential future success doesn't take away from his failures here. Bringing up Hunter 5 years after he left isn't the insult you think it is. He's old news. Let it go.

Reactions: myleafs

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Are you the one coming up with the criteria of what is and isn't a Leafs fan?

I'm a fan of the Leafs and I'm a fan of what Dubas has done. What is wrong with that?
For all the crap the Lou supporters got around here (I definitely wasn't one of them btw) I never heard one of them openly say they wanted the Islanders to win a cup.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
For all the crap the Lou supporters got around here (I definitely wasn't one of them btw) I never heard one of them openly say they wanted the Islanders to win a cup.

I think you're making a bigger deal out of this than it should be. I don't want other teams to win over the Leafs, my point was that this team got everything they wanted out of management and they spit in his face. That's all. I think Dubas is good at what he does and I think he deserves better from players that got everything they ever wanted out of him. So if he gets success somewhere else, I won't be surprised.

And I'm sure plenty of Lamoriello fans were quick to say "I told you so" when they had quick early success when he took over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad