Does dubas remain GM if the leafs get bounced by Florida?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does dubas remain Leaf’s GM if Toronto loses out in rd 2 ?

• Yes

Votes: 172 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 239 48.1%
  • Depends how the leafs lose in rd 2

Votes: 86 17.3%

• Total voters

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
The answer is yes but many wont admit it.Winning one round in how many seasons to a burned out TBay core in how many season? The owner promised a cup and few will believe Dubas , Or Keefe are the ones. A new GM will have to come in and break up our big 4 and decide what pieces we need. The Pressure to get a new coach will end Dubas in Toronto. 100 percent and tonight and GM 4 either Marner or Nylander will be playing their last game as a Leaf.At the end of the day you have to look at the results.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Apparently no longer. Can't blame Shanny. Perhaps he came out of the trance Dubas had him under.
Yeah I can see that. Also, being a president, he likely has frank conversations with other execs around the league on opinions on dubie, and they are likely not flattering opinions. I could see shanahan ask a guy like brian burke during his tenure as president for Pittsburgh on what burke thinks of dubas. And if that conversation happened, burke wouldn’t be afraid to tell shanahan his opinion and it’s likely not a good one on dubie lol

Reactions: geo25 and ToneDog

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
The answer is yes but many wont admit it.Winning one round in how many seasons to a burned out TBay core in how many season? The owner promised a cup and few will believe Dubas , Or Keefe are the ones. A new GM will have to come in and break up our big 4 and decide what pieces we need. The Pressure to get a new coach will end Dubas in Toronto. 100 percent and tonight and GM 4 either Marner or Nylander will be playing their last game as a Leaf.At the end of the day you have to look at the results.
I agree I'm not so sure draisaitl isn't tye second best player in hockey

Yeah I can see that. Also, being a president, he likely has frank conversations with other execs around the league on opinions on dubie, and they are likely not flattering opinions. I could see shanahan ask a guy like brian burke during his tenure as president for Pittsburgh on what burke thinks of dubas. And if that conversation happened, burke wouldn’t be afraid to tell shanahan his opinion and it’s likely not a good one on dubie lol
I agree with part of that but maybe Burke endorsed
U gotta think Gerard gallant is the next guy
If dubas can't do it he might walk

Reactions: geo25

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I agree I'm not so sure draisaitl isn't tye second best player in hockey

I agree with part of that but maybe Burke endorsed
U gotta think Gerard gallant is the next guy
If dubas can't do it he might walk
Yeah, i Don’t think dubas has it in him to fire keefe.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
He'll be out for sure when we get bounced in 4 or 5.

I'm ready to blow it up. Unfortunately tavares will still be here as he continues his steep decline.

Reactions: klmdg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The way the Big 4 imploded vs Florida it would be hard to bring him back if he's all about keeping it together and having faith in them. Dubas would have to go ruthless on them.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We are no closer of winning the cup then we were last year

Our streak of winning a 2nd round game continues

I am/was a dubas fan
FIRE HIM PLEASE

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
0% chance Dubas, Keefe or Shannahan keep their jobs

Also 0% chance a core player isn’t traded
Prepare to be suprised

I voted yes but I think l was fooled by the first round win.
I think we all were. I’ve bashed Dubas and this core for years, but got suckered when they added at the deadline. I should have known better. That first round was a fraud of lucky goals I guess.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I think he probably gets fired, barring a miracle comeback. I can't say I blame him for this though, this is on the players. How is it that we get a rocket richard winning #1C, a selke nominated reincarnation of Patrick Kane, a PPG winger, and JT as a UFA, and they all turn into banana slugs when the game is on the line? I don't even blame Dubas for running it back again and again with that core, the talent is all there, but holy shit this team just does not have any sort of internal leadership whatsoever.

The GM has to wear that, we've seen him tinkering around the edges with leaders, but the lesson is that it has to come from the core. Dubas and whoever we ship out (all of them please) will go on to have massive success elsewhere and people will wonder for years why this core never managed to put it together. Frankly, I'd rather have Dubas than 95% of the options out there and I place the blame solely at the feet of the players, but I think we need a GM who understands how to build a hockey team rather than a sick 'Chel roster.

Bleh.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
We are no closer of winning the cup then we were last year

Our streak of winning a 2nd round game continues

I am/was a dubas fan
FIRE HIM PLEASE
Dubas made the trades that he thought would help put this team over the top and it worked for the 1st round. Can't blame him for this 2nd round disaster so far when the Leafs' best players haven't shown up for much of the series.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If we go out in 4 it all has to be on the table

I would go for treliving he isn’t going to walk Matty and willy to ufa.

That’s the only way this is a disaster. We need to either sign or trade them

Can’t go all in on this team again and let them go for nothing

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad