Prospect Info: Dmitri Kostenko, RHD, - (Traded KHL Spartak 2024-2025)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just finished watching the game, he did not play very well at all. He was on the PP and PK, was surprised to see him get a regular shift on the PK. He was playing LD despite being a right handed shot, I know some especially Euros like to play their off-side. He ended up with no pts/shots/hits and a -1. He was lucky as he could easily have been a -3 as he turned the puck over a few times, was late getting back that almost led to a goal and he couldn't block a pass from getting through that led to a breakaway. I thought the skating looked better then in some of the clips i've seen but some of them are from 2 years ago.

you can watch the game if you want, #81 red, his teammate #71 is former Hab prospect Alexander Avtsin.

1st period,
Спартак - Торпедо | 14.08.2021 | Товарищеский матч - YouTube

2nd/3rd,
Спартак - Торпедо | 14.08.2021 | Товарищеский матч - YouTube

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
His contract is up at the end of this season - bring him over to Laval as quickly as he can get here

Next year, we already get Guhle, Norlinder and Harris as new Ds. He would have a hard time cracking the roster and would likely end up in Trois-Rivieres which is not the best for a young Russian first year in NA.

Reactions: bopeep

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Next year, we already get Guhle, Norlinder and Harris as new Ds. He would have a hard time cracking the roster and would likely end up in Trois-Rivieres which is not the best for a young Russian first year in NA.
Good point. I just hate seeing our prospects get reduced ice time / bounce from one league to another because they've been drafted by an NHL club.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Sure, but Norlinder might make the big team this year or more likely next and Guhle should be on the team next year while Kostenko would be firmly in Laval if he comes over.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sure, but Norlinder might make the big team this year or more likely next and Guhle should be on the team next year while Kostenko would be firmly in Laval if he comes over.

I don't think Norlinder makes the Habs this year and thus would have to return to Sweden unless there's some loophole I'm not aware of. I want Guhle to have a year in the AHL. Even considering Brook makes the Habs due to waiver eligibility, you have:

Ouellet - Norlinder
Guhle - Harris
Faibrother - Schueneman/Belpedio
Bisson

Even if two of those are up or leave, I have a hard time seeing Kostenko cracking the top 6.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Nobody owns his rights ATM but the CHL could actually be an option for 22-23 ( his 19 year old season) if we absolutely want to get him to NA early. They could even try and manipulate things so that a team close to Montreal would have his rights if they want, a la Louis Leblanc. You can't 100% control the CHL import draft but there are ways to get the outcome you want, lets just put it that way .

Locks

May 28, 2005
I don't think Norlinder makes the Habs this year and thus would have to return to Sweden unless there's some loophole I'm not aware of. I want Guhle to have a year in the AHL. Even considering Brook makes the Habs due to waiver eligibility, you have:

Ouellet - Norlinder
Guhle - Harris
Faibrother - Schueneman/Belpedio
Bisson

Even if two of those are up or leave, I have a hard time seeing Kostenko cracking the top 6.
This is a very plausible lineup you put together but if Norlinder does not make the Habs this year - and we'll find out very soon - chances are he'll be more than likely on the big team next year.
As for Guhle, yes, it is never a bad idea to have a young D play in the AHL but watching him play in Laval in his D+1 season and seeing how good he was, I suspect he will be ready for the NHL come October 2022. I want to see him in his first NHL camp next month to have a better idea of his development stage.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
His contract is up at the end of this season - bring him over to Laval as quickly as he can get here
Most successful Russian NHLers have managed to be quality players in the KHL. I rather he do something in the KHL prior to bringing him over.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nobody owns his rights ATM but the CHL could actually be an option for 22-23 ( his 19 year old season) if we absolutely want to get him to NA early. They could even try and manipulate things so that a team close to Montreal would have his rights if they want, a la Louis Leblanc. You can't 100% control the CHL import draft but there are ways to get the outcome you want, lets just put it that way .

this is his age 19 season, as he turns 19 in 5 weeks.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Guhle, Norlinder, and Harris all shoot Left as well (though Norlinder can play both sides), while Kostenko shoots right.

Reactions: WinterLion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
didn't dress again today for his VHL team so he must still be with the KHL club. The problem of course is if he does make the KHL team but doesn't get much TOI (as in much less then Romanov)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
didn't dress again today for his VHL team so he must still be with the KHL club. The problem of course is if he does make the KHL team but doesn't get much TOI (as in much less then Romanov)

Spartak also had a preseason game yesterday and he wasn't in the line-up for them either.

Maybe he's already with Russia for the 4-Nations Tournament? Same as with Kapanen, who hasn't dressed for KalPa in their last two preseason games (perhaps being with Finland)?

I do hope neither of them is not playing due to injury.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Spartak also had a preseason game yesterday and he wasn't in the line-up for them either.

Maybe he's already with Russia for the 4-Nations Tournament? Same as with Kapanen, who hasn't dressed for KalPa in their last two preseason games (perhaps being with Finland)?

I do hope neither of them is not playing due to injury.

Yes, that is the case as the team Russia camp opened on August 17 per Russian site allhockey.ru.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so after being cut from the U-20 camp, he played yesterday in a preseason game with his VHL team but today he doesn't play for the VHL team.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Has there ever been even one russian player for the Habs who could speak any french? Like, ever ? I honestly can't think of one, outside of one or two words for the cameras I mean.
You’d be surprised how many Russian words are actually French words

Chaise longue
Ouragan
Trottoir
Douche
Etc etc…..

Back in the day, it was a privilege to speak French in Russia, aristocrats would educate themselves in speaking this language, it was the equivalent of owning a yacht….very cool, a sign of educated and above the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad