OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

I mean if Klopp wants to make 2 million a year or 1.6m, sure

But it would be 10m less per annum than he made at Liverpool. You'd have to be really motivated to take that kind of cut
I’m not reading that as both coaches have to have salary parity, just that they did at the time.

But there is no way Klopp is coming here regardless of what they are willing to pay him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not reading that as both coaches have to have salary parity, just that they did at the time.

But there is no way Klopp is coming here regardless of what they are willing to pay him.
6 years $120 mil…..come lead us for the next two World Cups….full control.

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

I mean if Klopp wants to make 2 million a year or 1.6m, sure

But it would be 10m less per annum than he made at Liverpool. You'd have to be really motivated to take that kind of cut
International managers don’t make as much as the top salaried club level managers do so he’d be taking a pay cut regardless

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Cherundalo watch….I'm hoping for a massively experienced coach…
I just want someone qualified for the job. If they’re qualified and things don’t go well (like Laviolette with the Caps) then at least you can say you did the best you could and followed the right process. Success is never guaranteed but at least give yourself the best shot.

What irked me so much about GB was he was never remotely qualified to begin with and we wasted six years until the Federation finally admitted they made a mistake and that he sucks. The issues GB was fired for at each of his previous stops were still shockingly the same issues that plagued the USMNT. And the arrogance that came from him and a lot of the media towards “Gregg haters” was sanctimonious and irritating.

Give me someone who has won trophies (or at least gotten very close) and has a proven track record of implementing a style that plays to the strengths of his talent and I’ll be happy. Tired of the “if you knew anything you’d be in the game” mentality that permeated throughout GB’s tenure. Put the politics of USSF aside and pick the best person you can get to lead the team into 2026.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just want someone qualified for the job. If they’re qualified and things don’t go well (like Laviolette with the Caps) then at least you can say you did the best you could and followed the right process. Success is never guaranteed but at least give yourself the best shot.

What irked me so much about GB was he was never remotely qualified to begin with and we wasted six years until the Federation finally admitted they made a mistake and that he sucks. The issues GB was fired for at each of his previous stops were still shockingly the same issues that plagued the USMNT. And the arrogance that came from him and a lot of the media towards “Gregg haters” was sanctimonious and irritating.

Give me someone who has won trophies (or at least gotten very close) and has a proven track record of implementing a style that plays to the strengths of his talent and I’ll be happy. Tired of the “if you knew anything you’d be in the game” mentality that permeated throughout GB’s tenure. Put the politics of USSF aside and pick the best person you can get to lead the team into 2026.
What about Tuchel or Low? They intrigue me…

lol pinches and punch being thrown in this match…..wow….

There is the red….

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
What about Tuchel or Low? They intrigue me…
Zero chance Tuchel leaves club coaching for the US job. Why would he?

Low hasn’t done anything in 3 years so sure I could see him potentially being an option but you have to wonder why he’s decided not to work for that long. It can’t be because he hasn’t had offers so I kind of think he might just be done. Worth asking though.

My concern is the same people who couldn’t find anyone better than Berhalter before are looking again and I’m really not sure what has changed.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Zero chance Tuchel leaves club coaching for the US job. Why would he?

Low hasn’t done anything in 3 years so sure I could see him potentially being an option but you have to wonder why he’s decided not to work for that long. It can’t be because he hasn’t had offers so I kind of think he might just be done. Worth asking though.

My concern is the same people who couldn’t find anyone better than Berhalter before are looking again and I’m really not sure what has changed.
Money? We can’t pay him an absurd amount? It’s the only thing I can think of….

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Money? We can’t pay him an absurd amount? It’s the only thing I can think of….
If US Soccer was willing/able to offer a big name coach an amount they couldn’t refuse Berhalter wouldn’t have gotten the job again after the World Cup fallout, IMO.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Looking more into it and there is no mandate to keep USM and USW NT coaches equally paid therefore I am all in on Jurgen

If he wants the job give him a blank check

I don't think it's understood how quickly this team with this talent could be turned around with someone like Jurgen. No they might not win the world cup but I could see them going to the quarterfinals of the WC under his leadership

Reactions: g00n

qc14

Jul 1, 2024
Obviously his post-WC rehiring and results have rightfully left a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but I do think Berhalter did a fairly good job of cleaning up the absolute mess the program was in after Couva. He transitioned the player pool over to this new generation, won basically every top dual-nat battle, and instilled a much more modern and distinct (if still flawed) style of play. I think it's also been forgotten just how much we have completely owned Mexico since 2021 -- not just standard dos-a-ceros but truly playing them off the pitch -- which is impressive no matter how bad that Mexico side is.

It was definitely time to move on though. The team is too talented to look so pathetic going forward and can't just rely on individual moments from Pulisic, Reyna, and the very much missed Dest. It would be fine putting up with if the results were good but they sucked too, and being at FedEx for that 1-5 beatdown by Colombia was extremely depressing.

Obviously Klopp would be a dream but my guess is the Fed doesn't have the money or pull for that kind of top name. I just really hope that they go for someone without many ties to the Fed again, and preferably more of a short term winner than a "builder." Someone in the Tuchel/Renard mold -- come in with new ideas and no attachment to any of the players or structures, go as far as you can in 2026, and get out. If you have to go MLS/"knows the American game" Nancy is the clear pick of the bunch and has a much better track record than the other rumored names (Curtin, Tab Ramos, Cherundolo).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Meanwhile, Uruguay's Darwin Núñezand several teammates climbed into the stands and brawled with supporters before security personnel stepped in to restore order.

Ruh roh…..

Eirikrautha

Meanwhile, Uruguay's Darwin Núñezand several teammates climbed into the stands and brawled with supporters before security personnel stepped in to restore order.

Ruh roh…..

Not good. But some of the blame has got to go to BoA Stadium, too. When you have the families of players near opposing fans, in a sport where one of the nations' fans killed a player after losing, you need to have heightened security. This isn't the Panthers vs Jags on a Sunday afternoon. If the US is going to continue hosting big soccer tournaments, the stadiums and their security need to be at the top of their game...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

"I'm not leaving this job, I have no interest in the U.S. job," Marsch told a news conference Friday ahead of Canada's Copa America third-place playoff against Uruguay in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"And to be fair, unless there's a big shift in the organization, I don't think that I'll ever have any interest in that job in the future.

ZING!

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

"I'm not leaving this job, I have no interest in the U.S. job," Marsch told a news conference Friday ahead of Canada's Copa America third-place playoff against Uruguay in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"And to be fair, unless there's a big shift in the organization, I don't think that I'll ever have any interest in that job in the future.

ZING!
Maybe international management will be his thing. He said he felt very dicked around by US Soccer before they decided to bring back Berhalter the second time so I understand his feelings.

But Marsh’s club management at the top level with Leipzig and Leeds left a ton to be desired so IMO we are not missing out in any way that he feels that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad