OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Seis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eirikrautha

Yup. I have a coworker who is starting his own non-profit local soccer league (he's a former ref with pro experience). He showed me the numbers for his own kids and their travel soccer league (which is why he's starting the league). I used to coach AA travel ice hockey, so I know those numbers pretty well. It costs his kids more than it did us, with ice rentals and everything.

There is a stereotype of a US soccer "prospect" that has survived for quite a while. Rich, white, often goes through a college program, etc. That's because, for a long time, it was an accurate reflection of who made it through the US soccer pipeline. And expense is one of those obstacles that helped make that stereotype ring true.

Luckily, that is changing, in little bits and pieces. As the MLS grows and soccer opportunities expand, hopefully a lot of the financial barriers erected in the US will fall by the wayside. I truly believe that there are a lot of kids in the US who are overlooked as prospects, primarily because they never reach the high-level development camps because of the cost of getting that exposure in the travel soccer pipeline. All you need for soccer is a ball and a field, so the kinds of players that make it should be pretty representative of all socio-economic bands. But that's not the case in US soccer. We've priced a lot of our talent out...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
with the tech they have they can easily determine if that's an own-goal or if it was on net, I would think

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Whatever the result I appreciate that Spain doesn't just sit back with the lead

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
1720637322567.png

This matchup has not been kind to England going back to 1988

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ENG have an uphill battle between the ref and a crowd that appears to be 2/3 orange or more

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Gregg is a good guy but sadly not the man to lead this team. I tell you this because I took PTO off work to see him at AO DC and they put out a bunch of Trulys which I had to drink because it was complimentary, so I took photos with him and spoke to him all hammered :laugh: And that was before the Caps game too so I pretty much don't remember anything that happened at that Avs - Caps game

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I had a Dutch buddy growing up, and I suspect he's pretty hot right now. Holland pretty much outplayed England for most for the match.
And the game tying penalty kick came on a very suspect call.

Anyway congrats to England, lets see if they can win their first major tournament since 1966.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks for letting me know I turned purple. Legitimately had no idea what you were talking about for a minute. This is the first I’m hearing of it but much like Berhalter, I don’t think I’m qualified for the job :laugh:
Dealing with the TOR, VAN, and MTL boards should bring you endless hours of rewarding interactions.

And the world juniors and main boards playoff threads and just about any international tournament.

Enjoy!

• Haha
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad