TSN: Dion almost signed? Mod warning post #277

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
LOL Exactly. Even the Raptors couldn't win the NBA Championship in the ACC. It's cursed I tell you :laugh:

The Toronto Rock won championships at the ACC in 2005 and 2011.

This clearly means we need to kick them out of the ACC so those championships can go to the leafs.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Paying 7 for Phaneuf is insanity. Just because that's "market value" doesn't justify it. I can get a $95 8oz steak that is grain fed blah blah blah and it's market value.
Just because someone else is stupid enough to pay for something doesn't make it a good deal.

We would suffer without him but locking him in @ 7 for 7 or even 6 at 6 would create FAR more suffering.

BayStreetBullies*

:laugh:

Look, no matter what I say about Phaneuf people on here will defend him and say I'm wrong no matter who our captain is. Everyone is titled to their own opinion, and I think Phaneuf doesn't have what it takes to be a good leader and take us to a cup.But hopefully I'm wrong.

You're wrong because of what you said. Not because of who the captain is. The sooner you realize this, the better.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Oiler fan here - I have zero doubt that MacT offers 8 mill per for 7 years is Dion hits ufa. I don't know if that is smart but there is no question that Dion is leaving money on the table if he signs for 7 mill

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Paying 7 for Phaneuf is insanity. Just because that's "market value" doesn't justify it. I can get a $95 8oz steak that is grain fed blah blah blah and it's market value.
Just because someone else is stupid enough to pay for something doesn't make it a good deal.

We would suffer without him but locking him in @ 7 for 7 or even 6 at 6 would create FAR more suffering.

Yeah but that $95 8oz steak doesn't play 23 minutes a night with a 95+ MPH slapshot.

Unless it does, in which case sign it up. I love steak.

Mar 26, 2010
WAY overpaid. Nonis will be out of Toronto soon if he keeps this up! First Clarkson and now this. Leafs are no further ahead than 5 years ago. Another 10 years of no playoffs.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
WAY overpaid. Nonis will be out of Toronto soon if he keeps this up! First Clarkson and now this. Leafs are no further ahead than 5 years ago. Another 10 years of no playoffs.

Do you even hockey?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oiler fan here - I have zero doubt that MacT offers 8 mill per for 7 years is Dion hits ufa. I don't know if that is smart but there is no question that Dion is leaving money on the table if he signs for 7 mill

Yeah that's what some of the dimmer bulbs here don't get. Unlike Clarkson, Phaneuf is very tradeable.

Wait ... you guys wouldn't want to take Clarkson off our hands would you? He once scored 30 goals you know. All in one season!

Kessley Snipes*

What is this nonsense?

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
why ? i'm still not sure why are we paying this guy for ? i don't remember the leafs being winners since he has been acquired !! once again, we are paying to reward mediocrity

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

A steak isn't priced at $95 just because someone will pay for it and if prepared properly it is definately a good deal.

ImpartialNHLfan

Oct 26, 2011
Parts Unknown
A steak isn't priced at $95 just because someone will pay for it and if prepared properly it is definately a good deal.

I for one would pay that much for a steak if it wasn't pumped full of government hormones and was fed gmo feed all its life. But if people don't mind having lesser value health then I'm glad they're not the gm of the leafs. I don't mind paying up for top notch quality.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Phaneuf at 7M is a discount... he would get 8-8.5 on the open market. Anyone who thinks differently is just plain wrong

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
it's not about the money, but if this damn franchise wants to win something in the forseable future, signing dion long term won't cut it, we are just falling in love with our players=overpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad