Value of: Difference in value between William Nylander and Brett Pesce

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If Nylander is seeking a big AAV new deal, that really puts a damper on his trade value.
It really doesn’t . Elite offensive talents tend to be paid very very well . You make room for game breakers . I don’t think he’s getting dealt anyway but Carolina has some pieces that might make it a more realistic landing spot than most .

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Offense is easy to measure. Defense is not. Maybe you have to watch it game in and game out to appreciate it? I don’t know. I really struggle with the obsession with skill that permeates the market, from the organization to media to fans.

An analogue in Carolina, if given the choice of 2nd/3rd contract Necas and Brett Pesce circa 2019, I’m taking Pesce without hesitation really.

bobc222

Mar 10, 2017
The Canes won't trade Slavin unless EK on on his way to Carolina. Pesce plus Necas or Jarvis could work.

You'd still be getting the best player in the deal and you need to free up cap space to accommodate him.
No. The Canes aren't trading Slavin. Not happening. He's simply too dominant and too cheap to consider moving.

Jarvis is a cheap young player with upside and is cap heaven. Canes aren't getting rid of that. If you think they would, then you have no idea how the Canes FO operates or how greatly they value cap space and deep value contracts.

Pesce's an elite shutdown D, not middle pairing. (Sorry to the Canes fans for repeating this for the 15th time today): just because he plays on the """""second""""" pair doesn't mean that's his value as a player. He plays like and is a bonafide top pairing D man.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Id do

Pesce + Jack Drury + 2024 2nd
I was going to suggest CAR maybe adding a pick to get it done in my proposal. I could see something like this

Leafs could still then move Brodie and potentially go after Konecny once they dump Murray

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Konecny
Domi - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Drury - Holmberg - Lafferty
Reaves

Rielly - Pesce
McCabe - Liljegren
Gio - Klingberg
Timmins

Add a 2nd pair LH dman at the deadline to push McCabe down

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That kinda makes sense.

I’d rather the Canes traded for Lindholm or Schiefele, but would consider this.
Im higher on both Pesce and Drury then other leaf fans it seems

I love nylander but reality for the leafs is we cant have 4 guys at big money

JT if he didnt have a NMC would be the easy guy to launch into the sun. But we cant deal him.

Nylander is a great player and would be the canes 2nd best forward after Aho.

Trade helps both teams out.

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Much closer than people think as they are both 1 year rentals. There is NOTHING to suggest anyone will sign extentions with their new team just so the value goes up...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Apparently you don't watch Nylander. The guy scored 85 points including 40 goals without PP1 time.
Without PP1?

Per naturalstattrick: Nylanders top linemates on the PP this season:

Marner: 268 minutes
Tavares: 265 minutes
Matthew’s: 250 minutes
Reilly: 178 minutes

Bunting: 82 minutes
Sandin: 51 minutes

Apparently you don’t watch Nylander.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Top line winger vs a #2 D. Value is about even. They’re a year apart in age.

Leafs fans will claim Nylander is worth more, but that’s about as even as it gets in terms of value.

Reactions: cptjeff

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Much closer than people think as they are both 1 year rentals. There is NOTHING to suggest anyone will sign extentions with their new team just so the value goes up...
Anyone who trades for Nylander without an extension should only do it if they want him for one year. Nylander's are like cockroaches. He is going to want 10 million.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Nylander and Brodie for Pesce and Taravainen.

Carolina upgrades their offense and Toronto upgrades their defense. Teuvo is also a superior 200ft player than Nylander so it would suit the Leafs well.

Last edited:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Every post is just crazier than the last.
EK is a better player than Slavin.

Carolina upgrades their offense and Toronto upgrades their defense. Teuvo is also a superior 200ft player than Nylander so it would suit the Leafs well.
That’s a big L for Toronto.

Without PP1?

Per naturalstattrick: Nylanders top linemates on the PP this season:

Marner: 268 minutes
Tavares: 265 minutes
Matthew’s: 250 minutes
Reilly: 178 minutes

Bunting: 82 minutes
Sandin: 51 minutes

Apparently you don’t watch Nylander.
Nylander wasn’t on the top PP unit for much of the season.

Reactions: Coffees

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022

Leafs needs brodie. I think if leafs could get pesce and a 2nd its probabaly the best hockey trade they can get. Futures wont help and we need a rd to play with rielly. If schenn looked great, imagine pesce.

Leafs would have some cap after this and can maybe have a chat with kane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad