Rumor: Dhaliwal- Boeser to Pens is a real possibility

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Am I the only one not feeling anything for Kapanen? He's a 40ish point per game forward, at a "meh" cap hit being sold for his QO being below a million? Are we expecting him to take a pay cut based on his QO? He feels like another cap dump here, especially with Pearson being in the same price range for the same production.

I know the reply will be "but Rutherford". Rutherford got Marino, Hornquist, Galchenyuk, Sheary, Sheahan, Hagelin and Kessel too, assuming he is not letting Allvin handle some of this. Should we expect them all coming too?

Just repeating over and over again that Kapanen is a "cap dump" doesn't make it any less stupid.

You can say you don't want him without calling him a "cap dump" over and over again. It's a fundamentally stupid comment to make. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that his value suddenly vanishes.

Slightly better, Boeser would put up huge numbers playing next to Crosby or Malkin.

No, there is an absolutely sizable difference between Boeser and Guentzel.

Guentzel is on par with Miller, not Boeser.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I think the Pens would be more interested in Garland than Boeser.

Boeser has Sully’s doghouse written all over him.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Just repeating over and over again that Kapanen is a "cap dump" doesn't make it any less stupid.

You can say you don't want him without calling him a "cap dump" over and over again. It's a fundamentally stupid comment to make. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean that his value suddenly vanishes.

Neither is screeching that Rutherford loves him going to make me see him as anything more then a cap dump, which is the only justification for his inclusion I ever see here. That is a fundamentally stupid comment to repeatedly make, or in your case, defend, if we're making things personal.

What is he in this trade then? We have 5 potential top six wingers going forward already if Boeser leaves, with Miller/Pettersson, Garland, Pearson, Hoglander and Podkolzin, not to mention Klimovich, so where does he fit going forward? Because as far as needs go, he has no real place here, in role or position, even a cursory glance shows this.

Is his inclusion not to equalize cap and/or create roster space for Pittsburgh? Or is it because Rutherford loves Kapanen that the Canucks should be taking him? Because I see no motivation for the Canucks to take Kapanen back in a Boeser trade.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Neither is screeching that Rutherford loves him going to make me see him as anything more then a cap dump, which is the only justification for his inclusion I ever see here. That is a fundamentally stupid comment to repeatedly make, or in your case, defend, if we're making things personal.

What is he in this trade then? We have 5 potential top six wingers going forward already if Boeser leaves, with Miller/Pettersson, Garland, Pearson, Hoglander and Podkolzin, not to mention Klimovich, so where does he fit going forward? Because as far as needs go, he has no real place here, in role or position, even a cursory glance shows this.

Is his inclusion not to equalize cap and/or create roster space for Pittsburgh? Or is it because Rutherford loves Kapanen that the Canucks should be taking him? Because I see no motivation for the Canucks to take Kapanen back in a Boeser trade.

Again, you just screaming "CAP DUMP CAP DUMP" doesn't make Kapanen a cap dump. It's a stupid thing to say. Period.

There is at least merit to claiming that JR would like Kapanen back, based on how much he liked him in Pittsburgh. There is literally nothing to support the idea that Kapanen is a cap dump outside of "because I don't like him". Give even a single example of a guy like Kapanen being a cap dump in literally any trade. Literally any player.

Feb 19, 2018
If we blow this game after being up 3-1 there will be a move. JR is notorious for early deadline deals. I can see Boeser gone after tonight, barring a comeback.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
When JR took over as the Canucks president, one of his first press conferences was laying out what he wanted to do with the Canucks and what he thought the flaws were in his team. Here was the thread that pointed it out:

Rumor: - Rutherford lays out the blueprint of what the Canucks are looking for via Trade

Rutherford was very clear on what he wants the identity of the Canucks to be. Speed and Skill. He was asked why he prefers that over Size and Brute, he mentioned in a perfect world he would have it all but he believes that the game has trended towards speed and skill. He also mentioned he doesnt just want speed skaters on the team that cant actually think and play hockey which is why the skill part is important with the speed.

- He believes the forward group is an "Average Skating" group and relies on a couple of players to create offence. He mentioned this is not what he wants. He wants to get faster and more skilled and have a more balanced attack and use that speed t create puck pressure.It really sounds like he is going to shake the forward group up.

I don't know how you can read those things and say "nah, Kapanen wouldn't do anything for us". Kapanen would add a 40-45 point speedster winger that can drive play from a 3rd line role or be an inconsistent complementary piece in a top-6 role while being a legitimate threat while killing penalties. He's your stereotypical speedster middle-6 forward, someone compared him to Grabner earlier and I think that's a fair comparison. I don't know how you can read what Jim Rutherford is saying he wants to add to the Canucks and conclude that Kapanen would be nothing but a cap dump for them. He may not be valued like a top-6 forward when JR acquired him in Pittsburgh, because JR was on the record saying that he paid top-6 prices for Kapanen because he viewed Kapanen as a top-6 forward, but there is still value in what Kapanen realistically is.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Again, you just screaming "CAP DUMP CAP DUMP" doesn't make Kapanen a cap dump. It's a stupid thing to say. Period.

There is at least merit to claiming that JR would like Kapanen back, based on how much he liked him in Pittsburgh. There is literally nothing to support the idea that Kapanen is a cap dump outside of "because I don't like him". Give even a single example of a guy like Kapanen being a cap dump in literally any trade. Literally any player.

No, I explained to you why he's a cap dump. You chose not to read what I said, apparently. Why does another middle six winger have value to Vancouver? You're viewing this with the same level of homerism you're accusing me of, but I've at least address your issues with what I'm saying. You're saying he has universal value, to a team that has no need for him, "because I like him". I've backed up my argument, and the only reply I seem to get is you parroting an easy sound bite, you calling me stupid or repeating the same meme of an argument that Rutherford traded for him, exactly once.

So then give us Marino too, he was a Rutherford acquisition. And Joseph. And Poulin. Give us every Rutherford acquisition for Boeser.

Galchenyuk is a favorite, because he was a dump, or "casualty" or "consideration" or what ever will offend you less, twice for Kessel and Zucker. Johnson was a cap dump this offseason, Tatar was in the Pacioretty trade, Lindberg for Stone and Tierney in the Karlsson trade as well. There are 5.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Id do the third deal, but instead of retention on Petersson, you have to take back one of Dickinson or Poolman.
Why would we trade MP? He's our best defensive defensemen? Anyone suggesting we trade him and make a void in our top four isn't thinking clearly. No way Hextall creates that type of problem.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
POJ seems like a pretty legit prospect. Too bad he shoots left. Would really like a RHD with Boeser, but it’s not like we’re stacked on the left side after QH and OEL we’re playing Brad Hunt.

Kapanen shooting right is nice but let’s not pretend he has a lot of value. I don’t think Kap and POJ are enough by themselves and Pitts 2nd is probably 55 to 60 OV territory.

If Nucks are still in the PO hunt and the best offer is POJ, Kap, 2nd, they might prefer to wait till the off-season. If Pitt really wants him now, they might need to part with their 1st to incentivize Van.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad