Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Sabres fans, who do you think your #1 goalie of the future is - Levi or Luukkonen?

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Sabres fans, who do you think your #1 goalie of the future is - Levi or Luukkonen?

Levi. He's looked good in college and looked good here. After 46 games in the NHL no one's ready to write off UPL, but the question is more "could he get through waivers to Rochester" rather than "how do we optimize his development as our likely future starter"

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
i could see them pushing each other.. Right now it's clearly Levi until he loses. he has a couple tells and a little shakiness on two of Carolina goals w some great saves to secure the win..

looking at stats above rebounds against isn't that bad . for comrie and luuk.

anointing someone before witnessing a stable situation..

in Hasek first seven years he had a few more losses than wins and sv % the first three 914, 893 , 896

decisions on good goalies is like picking a good year for wine.. good luck

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
He should start the season in Rochester. At the mid-way point if UPL is sub .900 and Levi is .922 or something, Levi is up for good and UPL is traded or waived.

But I really think Adams is fine with him being 1A if he is the top guy in camp.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Here is why Levi played today

He IS our starting goalie now

I’ve said it before and I know I’ll have to say it again. When his competition is an injured vet who hadn’t practiced in weeks and two disasters…his station as the go to goalie is less about him and more about organizational failure. Failure they can not repeat next season at risk of much more than their 13th straight playoff miss. When the going gets tough for the rookie in his first long pro season…they’ve given themselves nowhere to turn. Get a real goalie.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I’ve said it before and I know I’ll have to say it again. When his competition is an injured vet who hadn’t practiced in weeks and two disasters…his station as the go to goalie is less about him and more about organizational failure. Failure they can not repeat next season at risk of much more than their 13th straight playoff miss. When the going gets tough for the rookie in his first long pro season…they’ve given themselves nowhere to turn. Get a real goalie.
Agree (mostly). You don't want Levi working without a net. We've never seen him navigate a rough patch, and there has to be realistic expectations from the coaching staff and GM to build his strength and resilience to professional levels. Fixing team defense and depth is part of the support he needs.

That said, I could see him at least start the year as an equal partner in a quality tandem.

Gosabres08

Jun 15, 2011
Is there any chance we send Levi down to Rochester after Buffalo's season ends so he could get some playoff games with them?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Is there any chance we send Levi down to Rochester after Buffalo's season ends so he could get some playoff games with them?
No. After the trade deadline they could choose to burn the year of his ELC and play him in the NHL this season, or sign him to a ELC starting next year and then have him sign an ATO to finish the year in Rochester. They chose the first option.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad