Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
So what do we have to wait on for him to at least sign a PTO with Rochester? Can his team still make the playoffs by being voted in? If so when is that? Will he wait for the voting?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
That's right. There's no immediate rush to this.

I'd expect him to sign sometime in the next 2 weeks.
No immediate rush, true. But if he doesn't sign before the end of the season, Sabres can come up with any spin they want, but he's way closer to free agency. Given our recent two failures with college goalies, nervousness is easy to understand.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
If there is another injury to our goalies, do we see him get a game with the Sabres this year at all? Giving him a little taste of the NHL?

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't think they would wait this long and then throw him to the wolves. If they're missing that much of their defense, there is no reason to put him haphazardly into the net in the short term.

Reactions: Ehran

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
I don't think they would wait this long and then throw him to the wolves. If they're missing that much of their defense, there is no reason to put him haphazardly into the net in the short term.
Yup, probably not the best for his confidence and development. Then again, haven’t watched much of the Amerks this year but I can’t imagine that’s an ideal defensive situation as well. I could be wrong though

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yup, probably not the best for his confidence and development. Then again, haven’t watched much of the Amerks this year but I can’t imagine that’s an ideal defensive situation as well. I could be wrong though
The inability to recognize and add good defenseman that didnt fall into your lap at first overall in 2021 plagues every level of Adams regime, yes.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Not saying he won't be. But I'm not listening to any BS that all is okay, if he doesn't sign before season done.
Do you really think he would go back for another year of school? There would be a huge opportunity cost for him when he can start his pro career and be penciled in as the full time starter in the AHL. Not to mention he doesn’t have anything else to prove at the college level.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Do you really think he would go back for another year of school? There would be a huge opportunity cost for him when he can start his pro career and be penciled in as the full time starter in the AHL. Not to mention he doesn’t have anything else to prove at the college level.
This would be the ultimate disappointment, I get people saying education is important especially because your not guaranteed an NHL salary/roster spot but you can always go back to school to finish out your last year later in life or join a trade and make more money then sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil struggling to pay off student loans.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It would make no sense. But lots of things happen which make no sense in life. Always variables out there that surprise us in life. Until he's signed, he's not signed. (The larger question is the wide-held belief that he's the man with not one minute of facing pro hockey shooters. I like his chances, but Sabres need more options in net other than him and UPL.)

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
This would be the ultimate disappointment, I get people saying education is important especially because your not guaranteed an NHL salary/roster spot but you can always go back to school to finish out your last year later in life or join a trade and make more money then sitting in a cubicle pushing a pencil struggling to pay off student loans.
One of the recent interviews he had along with McDonough he brought up the education thing and mentioned something about finishing his degree, but it definitely sounded like something he planned to do down the road. Didn't sound like he was committed to finishing it next year.

With NEU potentially losing several of their players including McDonough next year I imagine the window they had to compete this year may not be there next season and they could be a worse team even with Levi. Most of their commits for next season also look a bit underwhelming in terms of replacing the talent they do lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad