Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
I think it's a little nutty to be thinking about Devon Levi being dressed for any NHL games this season when the Sabres are on the cusp of making the playoffs.
Wouldn’t playing just mean one shift between whistles? Then have him as backup the rest of the game. I’m sure we could afford that if it is needed to get him signed.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Wouldn’t playing just mean one shift between whistles? Then have him as backup the rest of the game. I’m sure we could afford that if it is needed to get him signed.
I'm for doing what it takes to get him signed but it seems like some are seriously talking about him playing down the stretch.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I'm for doing what it takes to get him signed but it seems like some are seriously talking about him playing down the stretch.
Depends on where Buffalo sits in the last few games of the season. If the final game is one that matters then you obviously don't play Levi, but if they end up in a position where losing the 2 points has no effect on the final seeding one way or the other then you can comfortably give him a game.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Ideally the Sabres have a playoff spot before the last game of the year, so they can throw him a game against Ottawa. If it’s win-and-in, well,

Reactions: WiHockeyGuy

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I think it's a little nutty to be thinking about Devon Levi being dressed for any NHL games this season when the Sabres are on the cusp of making the playoffs.
If it means getting him singed then why not? Comrie is around 70th in advanced stats. You think it can be any worse?

Reactions: elchud

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Any chance Levi says he wants to return for his final year? Is it a given he signs here?

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Levi does his own thing, this much is certain. However, every indication is that he signs after Northeastern's season is done.
I haven't seen anything that says he will sign or not sign compared to Portillo where it was much more out there that he didn't want to play for Buffalo(For what ever his reasons)

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Any chance Levi says he wants to return for his final year? Is it a given he signs here?
From most of the interviews I've seen and comments he's made it very much sounds like he plans to sign after this season. He hasn't really given any indication of wanting to play his senior season, and mostly just says he'll make that decision when the time comes. When he decided to go back last summer he said it was a really difficult decision, and that he ultimately wanted 1 more year to feel the pressure of being seen as one of the top goalies in the NCAA, really no mention of wanting to stay beyond that.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I haven't seen anything that says he will sign or not sign compared to Portillo where it was much more out there that he didn't want to play for Buffalo(For what ever his reasons)
His reason is Devon Levi.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don't know, Portillo never said it so I am guessing you are speculation but saying it as fact.

I wasn't trying to make this about Portillo but I guess you want to.
No one ever heard one thing about Portillo wanting out until Adams traded for a better prospect. You think Adams drops “we want people who want to compete” in regards to Portillo on accident? Further…you think Portillo is an idiot? He can’t see a better goalie who THIS GM acquired, unlike himself, who is clearly in favor with the organization? That minutes he needs in the AHL aren’t coming with Levi there too?

Portillo has to look out for his own career. Being the second best prospect on the same timeline in the same net ain’t it.

and you weren’t trying to make this about Portillo? I’m replying to YOUR COMMENT about Portillo

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm fine with the whole scenario. What are the odds that Portillo signs and in two years ups his trade value better than a 3rd? Coin flip at best. KA got value for him, end of story, time to move on.

Reactions: joshjull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Levi clearly feels comfortable in Buffalo. He knows some Sabres well, having played with forwards Dylan Cozens, Peyton Krebs and Jack Quinn at World Juniors. When he visited for development camp last summer, he said he did not want to leave.

“It’s really cool,” he said. “I got to talk to (general manager) Kevyn Adams a few times. It’s really cool to see like how much of a great guy he has and how much he cares about the organization and bringing good people in and doing it the right way. So I already knew that they’re going to have a better year than everyone thought this year just based off the way Kevyn and the assistant GMs and the whole coaching staff runs just the whole program.”

Sorry Hab fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad