Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Same, if he doesn't join the squad I'm going to need awhile to recover. I've rested all hopes on him.
I seem to recall his best friend being Justin Hryckowian. Sign him to an ELC to play with Levi in Rochester. He's 2nd on NU in points (2nd in goals, 1st in assists), and his FO% is a bit over 59%. He's only 5-10 but he's almost 200 pounds, built a lot like Blake Coleman. Who knows maybe you find a decent bottom 6 forward, worst case you find someone to play a role in Roch.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
from NE....
Northeastern senior captain Aidan McDonough scored the only goal of the shootout and junior goalie Devon Levi stopped all three shootout shots he faced as the Huskies defeated Harvard to win their eighth Beanpot title.

McDonough beat Harvard goalie Mitchell Gibson between his right pad and blocker, while Levi forced Alex Laferriere wide in the Crimson’s final attempt.

After that, the celebration was on. The players flooded the ice, “Stacy’s Mom” rang out from the Northeastern pep band, and the TD Garden shook.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I seem to recall his best friend being Justin Hryckowian. Sign him to an ELC to play with Levi in Rochester. He's 2nd on NU in points (2nd in goals, 1st in assists), and his FO% is a bit over 59%. He's only 5-10 but he's almost 200 pounds, built a lot like Blake Coleman. Who knows maybe you find a decent bottom 6 forward, worst case you find someone to play a role in Roch.

Pretty sure Justin wants to play next year with his younger brother Dylan though. But it might not hurt to try.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

4. Devon Levi, G, 21 (Buffalo Sabres — No. 212, 2020)
July 2022 rank: No. 5 (change: +1)

Levi had a season for the ages at Northeastern last year, posting a .952 save percentage across 32 games and winning both the Mike Richter Award as college hockey’s top goalie and the Tim Taylor Award as its top rookie. His journey from the CCHL to the world juniors and then the Olympics all during the pandemic was one of the best stories in hockey. He has been superb in his return to Northeastern behind a lesser Huskies team as a sophomore this year, too.

He has exactly the skills smaller goalies need to be successful. Impressive control on his outside edges (and the patience to hold them), quick feet on his shuffles so that he can stick with dekes and go post-to-post or low-to-high to get to tough pucks, perfect reads on shooters, excellent tracking through and under traffic, and a battler’s mentality in the net which keeps him in plays even when he looks like he’s down and out on his knees. There aren’t a ton of 6-foot goalies in today’s NHL, at least not starting ones, but Levi, like Calgary’s Dustin Wolf, has all of the tools to become one. I’m a believer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad