Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I am a BU alum, from the DiPietro era.

My loyalty to BU hockey is close to the loyalty I have to the Sabres (grew up splitting time between Pittsford and Penn Yan, NY).

I never actually played organized hockey - I was a competitive skier and the schedules conflicted - but I spent many hours playing street hockey, and I always played goal.

Devon Levi had me rooting against BU with barely a twinge of guilt.

Alumnus from the Gilroy National Championship era.

f*** that shit, I wanted Levi to lose that game.

• Haha
Reactions: GOALOFSSON

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
That's badass. Props to Adams for targeting this kid in the Reinhart trade. His potential is through the roof.
He seems back to insane good levels, good for him, not likely to get a Hobey (ala Miller) but a very good stretch.

The Beanpot final is Monday vs Harvard. Interesting note that the NE Women will also play in the Women's Beanpot Final on Tuesday vs BC.

ps I still see a occasional Canadians fan post junk about getting him and remind them its not the 1930's and they will not :cool:

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How soon can we sign him?

Hey there Dusty.

Same as before - when his NCAA season is over. It's possible his team wins their conference playoffs and makes it in. It's possible they make it as an at-large bid if they don't do that, but it's far from a sure thing. If he's hot and they play reasonably well in front of him, the latest it would be is April 8th. Northeastern has been all over the map so who knows if they will even make it.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Hey there Dusty.

Same as before - when his NCAA season is over. It's possible his team wins their conference playoffs and makes it in. It's possible they make it as an at-large bid if they don't do that, but it's far from a sure thing. If he's hot and they play reasonably well in front of him, the latest it would be is April 8th. Northeastern has been all over the map so who knows if they will even make it.
Dusty?

Understand the rest

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
consistently mediocre then. a whopping .825 save percentage. Dr Jekyll/Mr. Hyde much?
Shots were 30 to freaking 4 at one point at 4-2 and he was doing a good job to keep them alive, of course he's going to wear out after the dagger goal early 3rd, sure he wants a couple back by the end, but he is low man on the list of issues I had with this game

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Shots were 30 to freaking 4 at one point at 4-2 and he was doing a good job to keep them alive, of course he's going to wear out after the dagger goal early 3rd, sure he wants a couple back by the end, but he is low man on the list of issues I had with this game
we need goalies to steal games for us. heroic saves and then giving up 3 shit goals doesn't cut it. jeezuz - they had 9 f***ing days off.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I have no doubt that Levi will sign, but if for some reason he decided he wanted to join his hometown Habs or something else, I would be absolutely distraught...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’d be more worried if he was from LA or something. Players don’t like dealing with the Montreal media circus (and fanbase). I have no doubt he will sign when his team is done this year.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
we need goalies to steal games for us. heroic saves and then giving up 3 shit goals doesn't cut it. jeezuz - they had 9 f***ing days off.
theres like 4 goalies in the league doing this now a days, its like saying you need a sidney crosby, ok you aren't getting 1 unless you're very lucky so stop asking for it

That's him in a nutshell.
its called modern goaltending

everyones pumped that league offense is up right until they talk goaltenders and then its how come he no steal games! half the league has below .900 save% right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad