Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Right, the half that aren't going to make the playoffs.
haha funny right

go check the stats its 1 of the worst years for goaltending in decades

really the devon levi situation should be causing more angst around as he represents a true rarity at the moment, a potential bonafide starter

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
theres like 4 goalies in the league doing this now a days, its like saying you need a sidney crosby, ok you aren't getting 1 unless you're very lucky so stop asking for it

its called modern goaltending

everyones pumped that league offense is up right until they talk goaltenders and then its how come he no steal games! half the league has below .900 save% right now
Well aware goaltending is sucking hard these days.
theres like 4 goalies in the league doing this now a days, its like saying you need a sidney crosby, ok you aren't getting 1 unless you're very lucky so stop asking for it

its called modern goaltending

everyones pumped that league offense is up right until they talk goaltenders and then its how come he no steal games! half the league has below .900 save% right now
12 goals against in 2 games is crap goaltending.

Last edited:
Reactions: old kummelweck

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Is anyone worried about his size when he hits the pros? I havent been able to watch him play. Im just wondering how confident you all are about him becoming a top tier goalie in the NHL.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Is anyone worried about his size when he hits the pros? I havent been able to watch him play. Im just wondering how confident you all are about him becoming a top tier goalie in the NHL.
He’s a prospect, so I’m not too confident at all. But I’ve never seen a college goalie make the saves he has. He’s Miller smart, and calm, and significantly quicker. Will it work in the NHL? Who knows. But so far he has risen to the occasion. And he’s crazy driven. I wouldn’t bet against him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Juuse "Jusse" Saros is the same height and uses similar skills to what Levi possesses to be an excellent tender. Jonathan Quick is slightly taller and was one of the league's best into his early 30's. I'm less concerned with Levi at 6' than I am with Savoie at 5'9" or Rosen/Kulich/Ostlund under 6'.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
He looks soo tiny out there. I would be absolutely shocked if he is really 6' tall. My guess is he is more like 5'10". For that reason, I have been tempering my enthusiasm even if his play almost demands it.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He looks soo tiny out there. I would be absolutely shocked if he is really 6' tall. My guess is he is more like 5'10". For that reason, I have been tempering my enthusiasm even if his play almost demands it.

There's a pic of him I saw where he's beside Struble who lists at 6'1" and they are nearly the same height. *shrug* I'm less worried that he's under 6' than I was that Gerbe was lying his ass off about his height.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He must have some kind of rubber magnet technology in his pads because shots just get soaked into him and die on the ice for him to cover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad