Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The second picture is him bathed in red so obviously they know he’s getting traded to Montreal. This is as concrete a set of dots to connect as their media does.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Hopefully, he shakes this stretch of play off quickly. Goalies have to have goldfish like short term memory. f*** it, and move on.
But getting him out of that league and into the pros would make me happy.
I don't know that he's the type to just up and ditch his team mid-season like that. LaFontaine did last year but Levi seems like a kid who will stick to his word and ride out the season for better or worse.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I don't know that he's the type to just up and ditch his team mid-season like that. LaFontaine did last year but Levi seems like a kid who will stick to his word and ride out the season for better or worse.
Agreed. Battling through a little bit of adversity though could be beneficial for him as well. That team is a bit of a tire fire right now, but maybe he can slow the bleeding (except for the Beanpot, of course).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's not going to leave his teammates. But I don't see how they are going to make the tournament with how they are playing.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

"This year there's been a lot of adversity which has been great," Levi said. "It's really good to be able to face the challenge and know that you're getting better. It's been a great season and the adversity is making us better. It's why I came back to play college hockey, to experience the highs and the lows."

He's mentally ready to play for the Sabres.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
So Northeastern is currently atop the Hockey East standings. Granted, Merrimack and BU both have a game in hand and would pass Northeastern with a win...but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that they could get a tourney bid especially if Levi can get hot in the conference tourney...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So Northeastern is currently atop the Hockey East standings. Granted, Merrimack and BU both have a game in hand and would pass Northeastern with a win...but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility that they could get a tourney bid especially if Levi can get hot in the conference tourney...

They are so infuriatingly inconsistent. Thought they looked great tonight (Levi with 32 saves in the 5-1 win). I have no idea what to expect from them any more. :laugh:

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
They are so infuriatingly inconsistent. Thought they looked great tonight (Levi with 32 saves in the 5-1 win). I have no idea what to expect from them any more. :laugh:
They'd need to go on a real big hot streak to have any chance at an at-large bid...but they're well positioned to make a run at the Hockey East championship, and we all know what a hot goalie can do in a single elimination tournament (still wish HE kept the best of 3 for the opening rounds...).

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad