Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G, Northeastern University (obtained in Reinhart deal) - Signed 3/17/23, Assigned 4/3/24

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Translation -
A native of Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Devon Levi was goalkeeper for Team Canada and is currently the teammate of Kent Hughes' sons at Northeastern University.

According to information from Maxime Truman, the Canadiens and the Sabres would discuss.
What a hell? Of course there's always a chance, but I thought Levi was fine. Probably this guy just built a conventional theory that is not supported by anything.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
What a hell? Of course there's always a chance, but I thought Levi was fine. Probably this guy just built a conventional theory that is not supported by anything.
Mer de (F) that!, unless they think Levi is not in the process/vibes now or for some reason like Portillo more and or been told he would sign if he has the path. Smells like b.s. to me.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Also, why would we trade him to a division rival, who have similar goaltending woes, with meh goalie prospects coming back, halfway through the season?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Also, why would we trade him to a division rival, who have similar goaltending woes, with meh goalie prospects coming back, halfway through the season?
Because otherwise he's only going away for free. If he told Adams he was going to sign with Montreal, which I don't believe. I think it's all nonsense and theory and Levi will sign a contract with Buffalo in the spring.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Because otherwise he's only going away for free. If he told Adams he was going to sign with Montreal, which I don't believe. I think it's all nonsense and theory and Levi will sign a contract with Buffalo in the spring.
Well yeah you're right. There's been nothing suggested he won't sign. Levi has a good connection with the front office. Shout-outs to Sabres players in his various social media posts.

I think these rumblings are horseshit, would be less surprised if it was Portillo, but even then he wouldn't be staying in the Atlantic.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
If it sounds like bullshit and smells like bullshit... it's probably bullshit.
There was a Montreal troll on here recently trying to stir the pot, maybe the same guy or group on sm. Same Montreal/Canada hockey entitlement is not going to tamper with our top goalie prospect or they will get grievenced to the league big time.

Well yeah you're right. There's been nothing suggested he won't sign. Levi has a good connection with the front office. Shout-outs to Sabres players in his various social media posts.

I think these rumblings are horseshit, would be less surprised if it was Portillo, but even then he wouldn't be staying in the Atlantic.
With the tournament looking like a reach now for NE, he "could" sign as early as 1st week in March ?

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
There was a Montreal troll on here recently trying to stir the pot, maybe the same guy or group on sm. Same Montreal/Canada hockey entitlement is not going to tamper with our top goalie prospect or they will get grievenced to the league big time.
It all stems from one of their beat writers. Guy wrote an article about potential goalie prospect targets the Habs should inquire about, and Levi was on his list.

Five Canadiens Trade Targets To Address Future Of Goaltending

Someone then took that article which made no mention of any of those prospects being available and went "oh boy, a Quebec kid who's also a great goalie prospect, Habs are gonna get him".

Nothing of substance to it, and it came from a guy who has almost no following and probably no sources. Just wishful speculation because they know Hab fans are obsessed with French speaking players.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Obviously not. He just going to wait until he’s a free agent to sign with the Habs. :sarcasm:
To use a line from , playin Luci at Altamonte himself.

" ...
Time is on my side
Yes, it is
Time is on my side
Yes, it is
Now you always say that you want to be free
But you'll come running back
(Said you would baby)
You'll come running back
(I said so many times before)
You'll come running back to me"

Not to be mean to the next Mr Miller or all those Young poster boys fretting w too much time on their hands. I am flipping off the agents stirring up trouble sewing lame divisive turds at a long holiday break, hmmm

But let's imagine ...

C'mon , who cares , even subban is looking good , that kinda talent spoils sitting on a shelf and either this kid wants to play a challenging role on the coolest ride in hockey and win NOW or we get some equal help NOW . CARRYN go home stop riling up the barnyard, skat.

Buffalo needs no saviors, just determined individuals who will commit to something aligned w this teams direction.

If they do , Jost is latest example , they will carve out a role that compliments this team

Don't be fooled be all coveting what might or might not be moving w this herd , protect as well as help all leave

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad