Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
With Hynes, it sounds like there will be opportunity but also accountability for players, which is good.

If the players comments were in interviews, I would love it if the Devils posted those, but they don't seem to have gotten around to it yet. I would also be interested in hearing or reading those comments. Could be insightful.

Ya it seems they already got the introduction to what Hynes wants to implement system wise.

I also like that Hynes seems to be trying to keep separate from what Shero is doing. He and the players want to be this year's flames which is awesome.

Meanwhile Shero is upstairs building for the future without sabotaging them.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Is that Adam Larsson or The Rock? :sarcasm:

e4b80_ORIG-The_20Rock_20close_20up_20with_20people_s_20eyebrow.jpg

EDIT : of course WingMan beats me to it. :D

Still amazing nonetheless....

IF YA SMEEEEELALLALALALALALALA-OH....WHAT THE LARSSON.....IS.....COOKING!

(even Bleed beat me there. Oh well.)

So does that mean he goes all "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!" to the coaching staff if he disagrees with them?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Thanks for posting. I'm really starting to love this guy.

Me too. He communicates well (at least from what I've heard and seen in his interviews) and it sounds like he has a definite direction he wants to take the team in. He emanates a lot more confidence than Pete ever did, so I think that's a good omen.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm a little bummed to realize that Lorito is on an AHL only contract. I'm much higher on him than Paul Thompson. That's for damn sure.

Well at least we know there's no chance in hell that Rod Pelley will be making the team over him, as he's on an AHL only contract as well.

Pelley is the worst non goon forward that ever saw a full time roster spot with us, he had a full time roster spot with us for two full seasons at that. All I remember hearing is how he gives it 130% all the time and is such a character and effort guy. That's what makes him so bad. That him at 130% is worse than most guys at 30% effort.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
please, can anyone give me a short line-up right now?
with positions they play/can play?

like...

Elias (c/w) - Henrique (c/w) - Tlusly (RW)...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Tyler Kennedy has much better hands than Gionta.

With Lou and Pete gone, is it possible that Kennedy will get a fair shake in camp to make the team over Gio?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm a little bummed to realize that Lorito is on an AHL only contract. I'm much higher on him than Paul Thompson. That's for damn sure.

Well at least we know there's no chance in hell that Rod Pelley will be making the team over him, as he's on an AHL only contract as well.

Pelley is the worst non goon forward that ever saw a full time roster spot with us, he had a full time roster spot with us for two full seasons at that. All I remember hearing is how he gives it 130% all the time and is such a character and effort guy. That's what makes him so bad. That him at 130% is worse than most guys at 30% effort.

He only played like 10 games for Albany last year. We might have something with him but let him perform over a full season first before we hand out a contract.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Greene-larsson
Merrill-severson
Moore-gelinas

I think that's we hat the d pairings should be. No one on the team can handle tough minutes like larsson and Greene so they should have that role again. Merrill and severson next pair and then they can protect gelinas and Moore pretty well then.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Greene-larsson
Merrill-severson
Moore-gelinas

I think that's we hat the d pairings should be. No one on the team can handle tough minutes like larsson and Greene so they should have that role again. Merrill and severson next pair and then they can protect gelinas and Moore pretty well then.

Well that is what Hynes is trying today. Guess preseason will determine if that stays opening day.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
from Devils site:

Today, Devils' Executive Vice President/General Manager Ray Shero provided the following update on forward Patrik Elias:

"Patrik has been having an issue with his right knee over the last week. We both feel that it is best to monitor this. He will continue to work off ice with our training staff, and skate on his own prior to joining the team for formal, on-ice, workouts."

efffff

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Not a big fan of the idea of Gelinas and Moore being together as a pairing except perhaps on the PP, because they seem to have a lot of the same weaknesses. I'd prefer to see Shlemko with Moore and Gelinas, but part of training camp is experimenting with different combinations and seeing what works, so I don't think that it's bad for Gelinas-Moore to be tested now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad