Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He didn't get into camp yet and he's having an issue already...this is either imaginary maintenance so he doesn't get taxed early in camp, or a further realization that OMGZ he's 39 :(

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Hopefully this doesn't bother Elias throughout the season - gives the younger guys another opportunity to step up though.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Little Gio can be sent to Albany regardless. One way/two way contracts adjust how much the player makes in the given league. If it's two way, they make less in the AHL then they do in the NHL. If it's one way, they make their full salary regardless.

If Little Gio is a one way, that just means he gets paid the same in Albany, which isn't very much to begin with. Since Zubrus was bought out to be waived, I doubt they'd care about having Little Gio make less than 1 mill in Albany.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Little Gio can be sent to Albany regardless.

He can be 'in theory' but I doubt he'd make it through waivers before Lou or Pete claimed him :popcorn:

If he's not in the lineup you might as well keep him around as one of the two extra forwards anyway.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think for the most part people understand that one-way/two-way is about salary. But a one-way contract means that you are probably less likely to be sent down.

TheDarkSideOfThePuck

Aug 27, 2009
Ottawa
It's EA Sports fault if everyone confused about the meaning of 2-way contract.

In their games 2-way means no waivers but in real life 2-way is just a different salary for NHL and AHL

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Some good news. MSG 2 is picking up the Bruins feed, so Sunday nights game will be on TV. As per T.G.

What is Shero and and Dolan best frieds or maybe they just hated Lou?

Last edited:

NHL Fanatik*

Maybe Elias being hurt forces Shero to make a move because he could be done for the season... in the sense of hitting old age.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Me too. He communicates well (at least from what I've heard and seen in his interviews) and it sounds like he has a definite direction he wants to take the team in. He emanates a lot more confidence than Pete ever did, so I think that's a good omen.

:handclap:

Exactly what I was thinking - this guy is nothing like PDB. He has a plan and he wants to give players every opportunity to EARN their way. He sounds like he's make a good general.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Not a big fan of the idea of Gelinas and Moore being together as a pairing except perhaps on the PP, because they seem to have a lot of the same weaknesses. I'd prefer to see Shlemko with Moore and Gelinas, but part of training camp is experimenting with different combinations and seeing what works, so I don't think that it's bad for Gelinas-Moore to be tested now.

I can't see them lasting, might as well get it out of the way. I still think Gelinas gets dealt.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
:handclap:

Exactly what I was thinking - this guy is nothing like PDB. He has a plan and he wants to give players every opportunity to EARN their way. He sounds like he's make a good general.

Yeah, PDB just never really so confident or like he had a definite direction, and he made a lot of mumbling excuses. Hynes just seems so much more assured of himself and what he plans to achieve. He makes you want to trust in him,while PDB never had that kind of presence.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Why not?

Is there anything so needed that Gionta brings that would be sorely missed if Kennedy took his spot in the lineup?

Kennedy is more of a scorer. He's pretty fast but he's got a great shot.

Gionta's value is in being a character player. He just works hard, hits, and is relentlessly skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad