Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't think Tlusty getting 20 goals necessarily means the team is in things. Bernier scored all those goals last year and Gomez had a nice number of points.

It means we could be in the hunt for a 2nd rd pick at the deadline.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I don't think Tlusty getting 20 goals necessarily means the team is in things. Bernier scored all those goals last year and Gomez had a nice number of points.

Me too. It's going to be nice watching guys like Larsson and Severson come into their own. :nod:

This is kind of the point I was trying to make yesterday. The 'winners' will always be winners. Even if the Devils have a poor record I'm not concerned about the young guys we expect to be part of the core moving forward. :)

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Kennedy will get a two way contract, play in Albany, then get a call-up if we run into injury trouble....

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
2zJKhw1.png

Movie poster material

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
Our potential lines to start the season:

Camm-Zajac-Palmieri
Elias-Henrique-Tlusty
Matteau-JJ-Stemp
Ruutu-Gio-Tootoo

That's assuming Stemps makes the team and none of the kids really surprise. I don't think it will necessarily look like this but it's already a helluva lot better than last season. I pretty decent top 9 with a gritty 4th line. That could all change with some camp surprises which would be nice but even if this is it, it's a big step forward. Looking forward to the start of the season.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Our potential lines to start the season:

Camm-Zajac-Palmieri
Elias-Henrique-Tlusty
Matteau-JJ-Stemp
Ruutu-Gio-Tootoo

That's assuming Stemps makes the team and none of the kids really surprise. I don't think it will necessarily look like this but it's already a helluva lot better than last season. I pretty decent top 9 with a gritty 4th line. That could all change with some camp surprises which would be nice but even if this is it, it's a big step forward. Looking forward to the start of the season.

I'm not gonna say they're GREAT or anything, because I remember saying before 2013-2014 after the acquisition of Brunner ''Yeah our offense might actually wind up being a lot better than we think it is and better than it look on paper. We might possibly score as many goals as we did in the last full NHL season'' and that was way off.

But the first two lines (if that's them and it probably SHOULD be) don't look that bad at all. That's assuming that Elias doesn't drop off any further from last year and possibly even gets back to a 50 ish point pace and Zajac has a huge bounceback season.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We need his Swedish buddy Tallinder back (Tedenby on a camp invite too) and we'll have all 4 of them including Josefson for the ''Straight Outta Sweden'' meme.

Don't forget Urbom too! Did Ray forget to send out invites to Tallinder, Tedenby and Urbom? Or were they lost in the mail?:rant::cry:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Country club is closed. It's a new day.

In curious what the players comments that were mentioned. What are guys excited about that Hynes told them?

With Hynes, it sounds like there will be opportunity but also accountability for players, which is good.

If the players comments were in interviews, I would love it if the Devils posted those, but they don't seem to have gotten around to it yet. I would also be interested in hearing or reading those comments. Could be insightful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad