Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hockey is around the corner!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Elias has said he would accept the Captain role if offered to Advanced Media today. Basically said he would love to help out and be a leader amongst the new / young guys

"No question about it because it's an honor and you have a lot of young guys and new guys here," Elias said. "I think I can do the job, probably better than I did 10 years ago."

Full article here http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=41253

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You guys see what is happening with the Leafs?

Not sure if I miss having to read Lou trades X young players to X team for old garbage no matter the situation

Giving up like five guys for Grabner seems laughable but really it sounds like more of a situation where they were just dumping bodies to get flexibility, a la throwing out our garbage in the Zidlicky trade to create space.

GhostofKenKlee

Love the Tlusty deal, looking forward to whatever else Rejean has in store.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
When all is said and done, I would guess this will be the 23 man roster (given who is there right now):

Cammalleri
Zajac
Tlusty
Henrique
Josefson
Palmieri
Matteau
Kalinin
Tootoo
Boucher
Elias
Stempniak
Ruutu
Gionta

Greene
Larsson
Merrill
Severson
Gelinas
Schlemko
Moore

Schneider
Kinkaid

I would think that Kalinin/Stempniak are the two most likely to not make it if Zacha and/or Blandisi do. If it were up to me, there would be no way that happens though.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Defense and goaltending are definitely locked. Boucher with a concussion, though, I'd be surprised if he's on the opening night roster. With that, I think Kennedy has an opening.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I see it working out something like this. Tlusty makes the top six. Mattheau and Kalinin in the bottom six. Kennedy gets a tryout as a favor from Shero. We have no room for Tyler, we have Gio who is similar.

The waiver period will be interesting, who will we claim and who might we lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad