Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason IX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I see it working out something like this. Tlusty makes the top six. Mattheau and Kalinin in the bottom six. Kennedy gets a tryout as a favor from Shero. We have no room for Tyler, we have Gio who is similar.

The waiver period will be interesting, who will we claim and who might we lose?

Kennedy > Gionta

Or is it just me?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm convinced that the Kennedy PTO is just a kind gesture from Shero.

Anything more than that, and we should've just re-signed Bernier. Honestly.

I expect that to be a non-issue, though. Stempniak will take whatever RW slot Kennedy has his eyes on.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@TGfireandice: With bobbleheads being made of them this season, Adam Henrique, Cory Schneider & Mike Cammalleri were offered life-sized versions.

@TGfireandice: Henrique and Schneider accepted the offer for the life-sized bobbleheads. They should be ready in a couple months. Cammalleri declined.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Steve Cangialosi posted on twitter that Adam Larsson didn't want to hear the word "rebuild." I think Adam's confidence is really growing. Good to see. :thumbu:

I love the attitude the kids are showing. They are showing confidence that we need!

Also is that a switch by Elias? I thought he told Chere he didn't want the C? Unless that was just Chere clickbait ********

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
So hypothetically Tlusty has 20 goals at the deadline and they have had talks but nothing concrete as far as a deal goes, does he bring back a 2nd? If Stempniak plays well, same thing but a 3rd or 4th?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I love the attitude the kids are showing. They are showing confidence that we need!

Also is that a switch by Elias? I thought he told Chere he didn't want the C? Unless that was just Chere clickbait ********

No switch by Elias - I believe he originally said that he did not want the captaincy (as it is probably better suited for a younger player that's going to remain with the team longer) & now he is simply stating that he would accept the C if offered.

If he would've originally said that he would refuse the captaincy (vs. not wanting) that would be a switch, but that isn't the case.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
@TGfireandice: With bobbleheads being made of them this season, Adam Henrique, Cory Schneider & Mike Cammalleri were offered life-sized versions.

@TGfireandice: Henrique and Schneider accepted the offer for the life-sized bobbleheads. They should be ready in a couple months. Cammalleri declined.

cringe cringe cringe

GhostofKenKlee

If Tlusty gets 20 goals, that would mean this team would be in the thick of it. An exciting run would do wonders for this team. The owners and Shero know it.

Nice to see and hear that Hynes and the players aren't on the "get betta picks, brah" bandwagoners and now they can get better.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If Tlusty gets 20 goals, that would mean this team would be in the thick of it. An exciting run would do wonders for this team. The owners and Shero know it.

Nice to see and hear that Hynes and the players aren't on the "get betta picks, brah" bandwagoners and now they can get better.

The players are never on this bandwagon. They are playing for their jobs at all times, and you don't get many jobs by losing. Coaches are also rarely on this bandwagon too for the same reason. I don't think Ted Nolan was trying to lose last year - he's just an awful coach and had an awful team and that's what happened.

What Shero knows is that you don't do anyone any good by putting young players in positions where they cannot possibly succeed. This team is still not going to be any good without some miracles, but at least Tlusty is a competent player. The Devils had no one for that 2nd line RW slot and now they do.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
I would much rather have Elias play on the "third" line, centered by JJ. Henrique and Zacha interchanging for LW/C and Tlusty as RW on the "second" line.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

so much hyperbole

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

Gionta also got a life sized one - it was the same size everyone else got.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Gionta also got a life sized one - it was the same size everyone else got.

Reminds me of that scene in Kung Fu Panda where he meets his heroes for the first time and says wow you're all much BIGGER in real life than your action figures...except for you Mantis, you're about the same. :laugh:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I don't think Tlusty getting 20 goals necessarily means the team is in things. Bernier scored all those goals last year and Gomez had a nice number of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad