Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
But the doctor said nothing was dislocated. Thats the key here (if that remains true). That is a quick recovery. The long tricky recovery happens when there is structural damage from a dislocation. When it’s just a contusion or bruise, all that has to happen is for the swelling to subside.

I fell on my shoulder playing hockey and I was only out three weeks because it was just a bad contusion. Nothing was dislocated and I never had any long lasting effects.
Torn ACLs and rotator cuffs (for example) have no breaks and no dislocations. Just say'n.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I disagree.

I'd much rather have a break than soft tissue damage. A break has a well defined recovery time and few lingering effects. A sprain or strain could bother him for months. Worst case is that this is a nagging injury that affects him all year.
They think there is a chance he plays Sunday so right now they don’t think it’s serious, which would seem to be a bullet dodged.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Wow, that’s a scare. Fortunately it seems like a best case scenario. Season starts in over a month, should be good!

Reactions: NjDevsRR

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Had tomato pie for the first time today at De Lorenzo's in Robinsville.

Flavors were awesome but that cracker crust is just weird to me...felt the same about New Haven pizza. The Connecticut pizza didn't taste nearly as good as De Lorenzo's...but that crust is similar for all of Sally's, Pepe"s and De Lorenzo's...I can appreciate it for what it is but to this Northern NJ boy that's all just sheshe California Pizza.

Edit: ah shit this was supposed to be for the TAN

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Had tomato pie for the first time today at De Lorenzo's in Robinsville.

Flavors were awesome but that cracker crust is just weird to me...felt the same about New Haven pizza. The Connecticut pizza didn't taste nearly as good as De Lorenzo's...but that crust is similar for all of Sally's, Pepe"s and De Lorenzo's...I can appreciate it for what it is but to this Northern NJ boy that's all just sheshe California Pizza.

Edit: ah shit this was supposed to be for the TAN
Try Luccis in Belmar

Thank me later

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Pain before the season even starts. Wonderful.

I get he wants to play for NT but right before the season starts? They already had their worlds in May..

Just what we need is a critical injury before the season begins.

I had a weird feeling nemec would get injured in this stint when they announced he'd be playing. It just seemed way too close to camp...

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
wow, that didn't take too long. what a dumb thing to say.

i'm not shitting on anyone's opinion, this is a nhl devils board and a devils team thread. that's where i belong, because my opinion is that the olympics are stupid and can literally only hurt our players. there's probably an olympics thread to discuss illustrious winter olympics games like ski dancing and sled dog racing and whatever else. i hate seeing our players get hurt in these sideshows, and the better our players are, the higher the chances are of them getting injured.
Cool, you think the devils are the most important thing in the world, other people think other things are more important. If people finding other things more important upsets you that much, I feel like that’s a you problem.

We can move on, not a big deal.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Cool, you think the devils are the most important thing in the world, other people think other things are more important. If people finding other things more important upsets you that much, I feel like that’s a you problem.

We can move on, not a big deal.

Yeah, Nemec could have easily injured his shoulder in preseason against some bum trying to make a name for himself...

Shit happens, the guy will heal.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Simon Nemec is under contract with the New Jersey Devils, and now he's not going to be able to work because of a game determining who gets the honor of being clobbered 14-1 by Finland in two years. Stupid.
The irony of this coming from a fan of one of the worst teams in the NHL that will likely miss out on playoffs regardless of how many players are injured is hilarious.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The irony of this coming from a fan of one of the worst teams in the NHL that will likely miss out on playoffs regardless of how many players are injured is hilarious.
They’ll likely miss the playoffs? Alert the oddsmakers, their algorithms are off.

IMG_2071.jpeg

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
you do realize they have a very good chance of making the playoffs, right? Do they not cover free agency in Finland?

• Haha
Reactions: FinnishDevil

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The Devils have a better chance of winning the next five consecutive Stanley Cups than Slovakia does to medal at the Olympics.

Reactions: xigon

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
The Devils have a better chance of winning the next five consecutive Stanley Cups than Slovakia does to medal at the Olympics.
Literally untrue, just based on number of discrete events that those two things entail.

And even if it were true, so? Should everybody other than say the top 10 athletes in any discipline not go to the olympics since they're probably not going to medal?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Literally untrue, just based on number of discrete events that those two things entail.

And even if it were true, so? Should everybody other than say the top 10 athletes in any discipline not go to the olympics since they're probably not going to medal?
I don’t care if he does or doesn’t. That guy came in here guns blazing about the Devils being trash - they’re a better NHL team than Slovakia is an international national team.

But yes, a New Jersey Devils game has more competitive importance (relative to standing in the league/competitiveness) than a Slovakia Olympic qualifier.

The guy doesn’t even seem Slovakian. Just some weird Olympics stan. Maybe he’s one of the guys getting IOC kickbacks, I don’t know.

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
But the doctor said nothing was dislocated. Thats the key here (if that remains true). That is a quick recovery. The long tricky recovery happens when there is structural damage from a dislocation. When it’s just a contusion or bruise, all that has to happen is for the swelling to subside.

I fell on my shoulder playing hockey and I was only out three weeks because it was just a bad contusion. Nothing was dislocated and I never had any long lasting effects.
Nothing is dislocated now. Could have popped back in and damaged labrum. This was jacks injury and eventually required surgery

Reactions: Patrik26

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I don’t care if he does or doesn’t. That guy came in here guns blazing about the Devils being trash - they’re a better NHL team than Slovakia is an international national team.

But yes, a New Jersey Devils game has more competitive importance (relative to standing in the league/competitiveness) than a Slovakia Olympic qualifier.

The guy doesn’t even seem Slovakian. Just some weird Olympics stan. Maybe he’s one of the guys getting IOC kickbacks, I don’t know.
Simon Nemec (and Slovakia) literally won a bronze 2 years ago.

When's the last time the Devils made a conference final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad