Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is why your core members shouldn’t be playing in some silly ass tournament.

He’s going to be good enough to play in the Olympics why continue to play in these bs tournaments that everyone forgets about 2 weeks after they end

That’s an obliterated shoulder/collerbone

Isn't it a qualifier? I don't blame him for playing it in that case, freak injuries happen, let's just hope he's back by New Year's and Kovacevic doesn't look totally out of place for the time being. I rather him sit for a bit longer than come back like Jack did last year and look lost at times after coming back from a shoulder.

Reactions: mdj12784

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't blame players for wanting to represent their country, but international tournaments are so short as to be worthless. "We're the best country in the world because we won 6 games in 2 weeks!" Get out of here with that, team sports in the Olympics are so pointless.

Simon Nemec is under contract with the New Jersey Devils, and now he's not going to be able to work because of a game determining who gets the honor of being clobbered 14-1 by Finland in two years. Stupid.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
giphy.webp
IMG_8172.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't blame players for wanting to represent their country, but international tournaments are so short as to be worthless. "We're the best country in the world because we won 6 games in 2 weeks!" Get out of here with that, team sports in the Olympics are so pointless.

Simon Nemec is under contract with the New Jersey Devils, and now he's not going to be able to work because of a game determining who gets the honor of being clobbered 14-1 by Finland in two years. Stupid.

Agreed on the first point.

Not sure about the second one, we're saying that as outsiders to their view. Regardless of them getting thumped in the competition, it's still an honor that most of them cherish. The issue is when you play these type of tournaments bothers the NHL schedule or when injuries are occur because they simultaneous run into the season. It's a lose/lose technically if you're a low end country because you're going to get thumped or possibly get hurt like Nemec did here. It happened with Tavares a few years back as well where he destroyed his leg for Canada

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

Two countries on your continent (that play hockey... you know what I mean).

Europe has many, many more. Over here, national team sport is viewed very differently. It's a culture thing.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
the olympics are stupid as hell, nhl games actually matter. let me know when he signs a contract with the olympics.
If you were going to go down that road we learned last night and this morning that very little really matters. People care about what they care about, no reason to shit on them for it, even when it conflicts with what you think matters.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
If you were going to go down that road we learned last night and this morning that very little really matters.
wow, that didn't take too long. what a dumb thing to say.

i'm not shitting on anyone's opinion, this is a nhl devils board and a devils team thread. that's where i belong, because my opinion is that the olympics are stupid and can literally only hurt our players. there's probably an olympics thread to discuss illustrious winter olympics games like ski dancing and sled dog racing and whatever else. i hate seeing our players get hurt in these sideshows, and the better our players are, the higher the chances are of them getting injured.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I disagree.

I'd much rather have a break than soft tissue damage. A break has a well defined recovery time and few lingering effects. A sprain or strain could bother him for months. Worst case is that this is a nagging injury that affects him all year.
But the doctor said nothing was dislocated. Thats the key here (if that remains true). That is a quick recovery. The long tricky recovery happens when there is structural damage from a dislocation. When it’s just a contusion or bruise, all that has to happen is for the swelling to subside.

I fell on my shoulder playing hockey and I was only out three weeks because it was just a bad contusion. Nothing was dislocated and I never had any long lasting effects.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I disagree.

I'd much rather have a break than soft tissue damage. A break has a well defined recovery time and few lingering effects. A sprain or strain could bother him for months. Worst case is that this is a nagging injury that affects him all year.
Rare that you'd have a clean break around the shoulder. Could be a clavicle, but otherwise, it's most likely a joint injury. In that case, no dislocation is good.

Reactions: devilsblood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad