Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Trashing Euro players is a bizarre take for a fan of a team that employs like half the Swiss national squad.

And that's why the Devils are where they are at. Thank you for proving my point.
Even a guy like Meier who I guess some consider tough and strong hasn't really shown much of those traits. Siegenthaler is baby soft. Just writing facts.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
And that's why the Devils are where they are at. Thank you for proving my point.
Even a guy like Meier who I guess some consider tough and strong hasn't really shown much of those traits. Siegenthaler is baby soft. Just writing facts.
Luckily the Devils have tough american guys like Jack Hughes and Luke Hughes.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I think it has more to do with our goaltenders (since Schneider) having less longevity than Spinal Tap drummers, but sure.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
The great Devils teams won consistently in large part because of guys like Stevens, Daneyko, White, McKay, Arnott, etc. Sure there was a blend of finesse euros thrown in but the bread and butter of the team were tough as nail canadians.
Those days are long gone.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
That's why I've never been a fan of analytics. You don't construct a roster based on some computer algorythm. It's beyond dumb and why teams that do so continue to fail.

The old Lou model is eternal and continues to be successful to this day. Team fit with a blend of toughness. The perfect formula.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
The great Devils teams won consistently in large part because of guys like Stevens, Daneyko, White, McKay, Arnott, etc. Sure there was a blend of finesse euros thrown in but the bread and butter of the team were tough as nail canadians.
Those days are long gone.
The best forward in franchise history is a Euro. Florida’s best center is a euro as is their best dman. As is Dallas’ best dman. What are you blathering about?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Some people really are dense huh.

Good thing we have noted tough guys Luke Hughes and Jack Hughes as our good North American boys

Shame TB never won anything with Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman for their core

Lets look at the Core's of The Top 4 This Year:
Artemi Panarin....
Miro Heiskanen
Leon Draisaitl
Alex Barkov

Nope, get rid of them. Good for nothing im afraid.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Luckily the Devils have tough american guys like Jack Hughes and Luke Hughes.

Luke isn't soft but Jack as an elite centerman is allowed to be. So long as he is surrounded by beefy guys to have his back. A little finnesse is fine but a whole loft of muscle is what stirrs the pot come playoff time. A formula as old as time.

The best forward in franchise history is a Euro. Florida’s best center is a euro as is their best dman. As is Dallas’ best dman. What are you blathering about?

Elias was one of the last dying breeds of not soft euros.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_1243.jpeg

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
That's why I've never been a fan of analytics. You don't construct a roster based on some computer algorythm. It's beyond dumb and why teams that do so continue to fail.

The old Lou model is eternal and continues to be successful to this day. Team fit with a blend of toughness. The perfect formula.
You need both, skill and toughness. But it's weird to make those stereotypes that all European players are soft and all tough guys are North American. Did you forgot that Chara, Gudas, Hornqvist, Oliwa, Kasparaitis, Samuelsson etc. are/were European players?

Reactions: Guttersniped

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
You need both, skill and toughness. But it's weird to make those stereotypes that all European players are soft and all tough guys are North American. Did you forgot that Chara, Gudas, Hornqvist, Oliwa, Kasparaitis, Samuelsson etc. are/were European players?

The old euro prototypes have gone extinct, to be replaced with the softy generation of today.

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Some people really are dense huh.

Good thing we have noted tough guys Luke Hughes and Jack Hughes as our good North American boys

Shame TB never won anything with Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman for their core

Lets look at the Core's of The Top 4 This Year:
Artemi Panarin....
Miro Heiskanen
Leon Draisaitl
Alex Barkov

Nope, get rid of them. Good for nothing im afraid.

Panarin is soft and dissapears in big games. Heiskanen and Draisaitl are solid. Not exactly tough guys but not soft either. Middle of the pack and highly skilled. That's two players? That's all you got?

Devil made me do it

Nov 28, 2009
California
Speaking of Jack Hughes, our generationally talent star, kid is always hurt. Every season. Made of glass. And I love the kid but what good is he if he can't be on the ice?
It puzzles me how the training staff haven't demanded him put up muscle since he was drafted. A big failure from the organization.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Why are we allowing Don Cherry to have an HFBoards account.

Show me where I made one single racist remark?
It's ridiculous to accuse someone you know nothing about. Not wanting soft euros make up the majority of your team roster is not racist. That's soft reactionary thinking.
You are right it isnt racist. Its just prejudice against an entire continent due to out dated thoughts that no sane NHL fan would think

woody footbreaker

Mar 12, 2018
The old euro prototypes have gone extinct, to be replaced with the softy generation of today.
why is pasta and ovi still here ??? get them outta here asap

getting beyond ridioulous here ... we´re getting from best center depth in devils history to no top6 at all :huh: and yeah the team is soft, but thats no on the players, just saying ...

having 2 smaller centers on both top lines creates some problems itself. they get targeted left and right. we should be careful especially with jack. you dont want this to become a josh norris type thing.

and thats why our top6 signing has to be capable of playing quality center minutes. give our new coach some options. i am in strong believe that you will achieve better overall results with jack playing wing and if one of hischier/hughes or stephenson go down ...

someone mentioned bennett, if he becomes available, he should be nr. 1 target. probably depends if florida wants to keep their d together. they cant sign reinhardt and montour together

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Speaking of Jack Hughes, our generationally talent star, kid is always hurt. Every season. Made of glass. And I love the kid but what good is he if he can't be on the ice?
It puzzles me how the training staff haven't demanded him put up muscle since he was drafted. A big failure from the organization.
Size / muscles aren't always going to lead a healthier player. Plenty of "big dudes" get hurt quite a bit and there are other smaller guys who stay healthy.

Sometimes its just luck of the draw with your body. Maybe being stronger prevents him from hitting the ice completely or something, but I don't know that it's saving him once he actually hits, if that makes sense

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Show me where I made one single racist remark?
It's ridiculous to accuse someone you know nothing about. Not wanting soft euros make up the majority of your team roster is not racist. That's soft reactionary thinking.
Casual prejudice, then. whatever term makes you happy, but attributing character traits to individuals based on where they come from is not falling far from the same tree
So you want to restrict freedom of speech? You want sheeple discourse where everyone is in agreement?
*eyeroll* get out of here with that bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad