Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

Maybe I've just fallen down a 17-18 rabbit hole after the Coleman interview, but it straight up bums me out that this guy isn't in the league anymore.

f*** Kucherov forever for that hit in the playoffs.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

#PackYourShit

IMG_6192.png

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Yeah but he sucks.

I don't think a vet leader needs to be a star, but I do think they shouldn't be an active hindrance to the team, especially by taking regular horrendous penalties. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously if I were on the team, for sure.
This is a large part of what they're paying Palat for. Time to step up. I'm assuming they're going to bring in a vet or three as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I need to see that house.
I was gonna ask how is he able to afford a house valued at $3 million making barely $1 a year, but looking up CapFriendly dude did make some decent enough money in his prime, almost forget he was a legit top four (albeit for a rebuilding Ranger team) but guys like him when they lose a step it's particularly hindering.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Yeah but he sucks.

I don't think a vet leader needs to be a star, but I do think they shouldn't be an active hindrance to the team, especially by taking regular horrendous penalties. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously if I were on the team, for sure.
he very well may suck, but he only sucks for $2M. if he's not going to be there as a veteran voice, i very much hope fitz has someone else in mind to bring in.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

#PackYourShit

I'm actually surprised he bought a house here, since it was only 2 years.

Unless he had planned to settle down and retire here, and obviously he won't be doing that, unless plans have now changed since 2 years ago. He could have still done that and just played somewhere else for a year or two or however long, then came back here to retire. Players have done that before.

I'm not at all surprised that he's done here. I never thought he'd be re-signed, no matter how many games he got into.

Anyway, I'm gonna look this up (since I know the sites to look up, they're public) as it's better than watching the Rangers (probably) punk the Panthers again, all the while ESPN skips and lags on my TV.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I need to see that house.

Sorry if this isn’t allowed to be posted here. I was able to find this in a minute by looking him up on a free public site. I filtered to 35 years old, since it comes up with like 60 people named Brendan Smith that have lived in New Jersey.

And there were even 4 or 5 Brendan Smith’s age 35, but I knew by seeing Raleigh, NC and Rye, NY, as well as several Michigan listings in previous locations that I had found our guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium