Confirmed with Link: Shea Weber Named to the Hockey Hall of Fame (MOD warning #66)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He played on STACKED Team Canada teams.

Amazing.

He was a good player but Hall of famer?

It's a joke, IMO.
Well, he was one of the 23 players who made it “Stacked” with team Canada…..

49th best scoring D of all time and 16th in goals and it’s not like he played on stacked teams in Nashville in the greatest scoring era.

Well deserved Weber, you are a HOF

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Chris Kunitz too :sarcasm:

I think Weber was a lock for Team Canada tbf
Difference is Weber won 5 gold medals and 1 silver representing Canada…..Kunitz 1 gold 1 silver…..small difference lol

Was always a lock, an amazing hockey player

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Weber spent his entire career on underdog teams. Preds had little to not star power and he got traded a season before their peak. Then Montreal was the same thing.

I'm glad he got that Finals run under his belt. Could've easily end up never playing a single conference final game.

Didn't get the Norris, but 1000+ games, 500+ points while punishing offensive players who tried to beat him. Won almost everything you can win internationally while being a top defenseman and not just a passenger on a great team.

Well deserved. But also I feel old seeing him join the hall of fame. Weber's rookie season was the first season I started actively following the League in high school.

Reactions: Kimota and bopeep

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Kunitz? Yeah terrific player, 4 Stanley Cups, Gold medal, he's a lock for the HoF.
If Kunitz was one of the best at his position, I’d expect a 1st ballot invitation like Weber.

Weber was on a team of bests 7 times…..Kunitz not so much.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ton of respect for Weber but players like Mogilny, Elias and Jagr aren’t in the HoF…Why is he going now, he hasn’t been retired for 3 years, NHL is a joke just like when prongner was on LTIR and working front office or for the player safety department, or ARZ playing in a 5000 seat rink…

Is Jagr even eligible if he still played this year in the Czech league?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Imo, one of the most overrated players of all time. His defensive game is overrated, he is more a big dman with a heavy shot that handles the puck like a grenade.

Great for him that he was able to ride that skillset as far as he did, but imo, he’s not first ballot material.

The ultimate testament to me in terms of how good he was defensively was how he always seemed to have something for McDavid and McDavid himself said he was the hardest player to play against.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Well, he was one of the 23 players who made it “Stacked” with team Canada…..

49th best scoring D of all time and 16th in goals and it’s not like he played on stacked teams in Nashville in the greatest scoring era.

Well deserved Weber, you are a HOF
I remember before we got him, people thought he was garbage because he didn't win anything. It's like people don't remember how bereft of talent those Preds teams were. Martin Erat was their top scorer most of the time with like little over 50 points. And hell they'd even make the playoffs some times.

Reactions: jaffy27

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It took the Weber induction to make me learn that you can still be hall of fame eligible while on IR.

It means Carey Price will be eligible starting next year.

He is still under contract and technically a active player how/why is he getting voted in to the HOF…
He deserves to be in the HOF but not sure it should have been so quickly…

Someone here referred to it as the pronger rule. The rules of eligibility are not based on whether the player is under contract but rather it comes down to how many years has the player been inactive from playing.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Is Jagr even eligible if he still played this year in the Czech league?
Probably not but i'd argue a plyer still under contract and who has not officially retired yet should not be eligible either. Not sure what was the rush tbh. I feel like the HoF should be for players who has been retired for a few years and into their 50ies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Shea Weber and always have but I am on the fence as to whether he is a HOF or not. There are some who aren't in the HOF who you could argue are more deserving.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It took the Weber induction to make me learn that you can still be hall of fame eligible while on IR.

It means Carey Price will be eligible starting next year.
This. Nobody should be surprised about Weber's nomination. The HoF has been the Hall of Very Good for a long time now and for sure when you look at the players there Weber deserves to be in 100% and he was always going to be in. Price will too. But the surprise to me comes from the fact that a player still under contract and who has not officially retired yet can be eligible that's f***ing weird honestly.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
This. Nobody should be surprised about Weber's nomination. The HoF has been the Hall of Very Good for a long time now and for sure when you look at the players there Weber deserves to be in 100% and he was always going to be in. Price will too. But the surprise to me comes from the fact that a player still under contract and who has not officially retired yet can be eligible that's f***ing weird honestly.
Weber & Price have not contractually retired but everyone including HOF board know they’re both never playing another game…

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

Pricer up next year…all but guaranteed 1st ballot

I must be out of touch af.

Do we all think Carey Price should be in the NHL Hall of Fame?

I suppose he should when you look at it like this:

Carey Price has had an exceptional career as a goaltender for the Montreal Canadiens, achieving numerous milestones and accolades. Here are some of his most notable career achievements:
NHL Awards: In the 2014-15 season, Price had a historic performance, winning four major awards:

Hart Trophy (NHL MVP)
Vezina Trophy (best goaltender)
Ted Lindsay Award (most outstanding player as voted by peers)
William M. Jennings Trophy (fewest goals allowed)
This made him the first goaltender in NHL history to win all four awards in the same season.
Canadiens' All-Time Wins Leader: Price became the winningest goaltender in Canadiens history, surpassing 361 wins as of the 2023-24 season.
Olympic Gold Medal: In 2014, Price led Team Canada to a gold medal at the Sochi Olympics, posting an impressive 0.59 goals-against average and .972 save percentage. He was named the tournament's top goaltender.
Junior Hockey Success: In 2007, Price won the Del Wilson Trophy as the WHL's top goaltender and the CHL Goaltender of the Year Award.
AHL Success: Also in 2007, Price led the Hamilton Bulldogs to the Calder Cup championship in the AHL and won the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy as playoff MVP.
NHL All-Star: Price has been selected to play in the NHL All-Star Game multiple times (2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2018).
Bill Masterton Trophy: In 2022, Price was awarded the Masterton Trophy for perseverance and dedication to hockey, overcoming significant challenges including knee surgery and entering the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
Canadiens' Records: On April 3, 2018, Price made his 557th NHL start for the Canadiens, surpassing Jacques Plante for the Montreal record.
Philanthropy: Price has been involved in various charitable efforts, including donating equipment to minor hockey leagues and serving as an ambassador for the Breakfast Club of Canada.

Throughout his career, Price has consistently been regarded as one of the best goaltenders in the world, known for his calm demeanor and exceptional play. His achievements have solidified his place as one of the greatest goaltenders in Montreal Canadiens history.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I like Shea Weber and always have but I am on the fence as to whether he is a HOF or not. There are some who aren't in the HOF who you could argue are more deserving.
If it was the Baseball HoF Weber would not make it no chance. But let's be real here i mean Carbo is in there ... I agree some guys who deserve to be named to the HoF are still waiting for weird reasons like Mogilny i don't get it yeah he was playing 80ies Russian hockey which Canadians do not like but the guy should be in the HoF. But Weber was always going to make it with guys like Carbo making it.

Weber & Price have not contractually retired but everyone including HOF board know they’re both never playing another game…
That's not what i meant. They still have not officially retired yet. We all know it's a facade for contractual reason but still HoF should be for old guys in their 50ies who have not played in a while. I mean what's the rush the point is to remember the great of the past.

What we think doesn't matter. He'll be voted in 100%.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If it was the Baseball HoF Weber would not make it no chance. But let's be real here i mean Carbo is in there ... I agree some guys who deserve to be named to the HoF are still waiting for weird reasons like Mogilny i don't get it yeah he was playing 80ies Russian hockey which Canadians do not like but the guy should be in the HoF. But Weber was always going to make it with guys like Carbo making it.
Damphousse 1205 points in over 1300 games. Tkachuk over 500 goals. Lemieux with I think 2 Conn Smyth trophies. Claude Provost arguably the best defensive forward of his era and was on 9 Cup winning teams. These guys deserve it.

Reactions: LaP

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

You’re stuck on NHL stats alone, it’s the “Hockey” Hall of Fame. There are less than a handful of players in the HOF who can match Price’s accomplishments from junior hockey thru pro ranks

Reactions: pepperMonkey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad