Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
You contradicted yourself, in bold.
Post automatically merged:

I didn't say we should hire Torts, far from it. In fact I think we should stay the hell away from him

How is it a contradiction. They didnt have any veteran personnel and despite what I assume was consistent messaging (poor pick play, etc.), the younger players didn’t really learn

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
How is it a contradiction. They didnt have any veteran personnel and despite what I assume was consistent messaging (poor pick play, etc.), the younger players didn’t really learn
Why are you going with that assumption? If you can't turn to the guys whose job it is to stop making you play pond hockey, then whose job is it? They're abject failures no matter how you slice it.

Reactions: McDuffz88

JnL Hughes

Apr 29, 2022
Utica Comets coach. I don't want that because I want someone outside of the organization who isn't willing to be Fitz's bitch.
I had to google it and I see thats our farm team lol. I didnt realize they moved and idk any staff down there, just some of our prospects

Im up for whoever can take us to the next step and be a playoff team!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

money_493221089-1024x732.jpg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So, wait a minute.

Is Bruce UNDER CONTRACT right now officially? Or is he NOT?

Can we like call him up and talk to him TODAY, like RIGHT NOW if we wanted to?

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
So, wait a minute.

I think it was a 2 year deal but both sides had an out after 1. So right now it's either they extend him which they don't want to do, he goes into next year with 1 year left, or he walks.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think it was a 2 year deal but both sides had an out after 1. So right now it's either they extend him which they don't want to do, he goes into next year with 1 year left, or he walks.
So is it legal for other teams to reach out right now and persuade to walk and sign with them?

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
So, wait a minute.

“He’s on a one-year contract and there’s an option for next year," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman said during the 32 Thoughts segment on Hockey Night in Canada. "Nobody will tell me exactly what it is but I think that I’ve kind of pieced it together, and that is that the Canucks have an option to keep him or not, but if they don’t, there’s a payment that has to go to Boudreau and also, Boudreau has an option not to return and if that was to happen, I don’t think he gets a payout but it would put him on the open market at the end of the year.”

Reactions: Bleedred

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Philly is not a fun situation. Ditto for Winnipeg and Chicago.

Vegas is probably a coveted spot. McPhee fired Boudreau, not sure if that holds weight.

We clearly have some good things going on. Unfortunately the same is true for Detroit but they're further away.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Philly is not a fun situation. Ditto for Winnipeg and Chicago.

Vegas is probably a coveted spot. McPhee fired Boudreau, not sure if that holds weight.

We clearly have some good things going on. Unfortunately the same is true for Detroit but they're further away.
I think Yzerman has his own guy picked out already amd won’t go with Bruce.

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
Should I read into anything that the Flyers and Kraken have already fired their coaches and we're standing still til end of the week?
Knowing our management Fitz will come out later this week and announce a 3 year extension for Ruff & Recch preaching about collaboration or some BS

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Should I read into anything that the Flyers and Kraken have already fired their coaches and we're standing still til end of the week?
The Kraken did what?

Teams take days or even weeks with this. Interim coaches are different than an actual coaches with term, so Philly being faster is meaningless. Yzerman acted very quickly, I guess he didn’t want Blashill answering questions about his future. Blashill was there for 7 years though.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Kraken fired a goaltending coach, not their HC. And the Flyers guy was an interim anyway.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I would love me some Bruce but like it’s been said , I think he is a higher profile coach that will probably want more control with roster decisions and hand picking his assistants etc etc and that probably isn’t an option here . It should be an option in order to get him but I can’t see it being an ideal fit for how Fitz ano ownership want to run the show. Hopefully I am wrong .

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I would love me some Bruce but like it’s been said , I think he is a higher profile coach that will probably want more control with roster decisions and hand picking his assistants etc etc and that probably isn’t an option here . It should be an option in order to get him but I can’t see it being an ideal fit for how Fitz ano ownership want to run the show. Hopefully I am wrong .
If this collaborative process is so controlling and ironclad that they won’t even let a prospective coach choose his own assistants- a basic f***ing duty for every other team in the league- then clear out the front office too, cuz it won’t take us anywhere. I don’t think ownership has anything to do with this, we know how they operate us and the Sixers. This is all Fitz’s call, and it’s up to him to deviate from his plan as the circumstances allow.

Maybe Brooks was right, this is a terrible way to run a team.

Reactions: glenwo2

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
i see foote exactly as a fit, because he offers something different than skating. obviously if he could skate as hughes, it would be even better. but he can contribute in areas, where our best players don't shine. the devils lack power forward types. i hope they hang on to him.
Its not about skating like Hughes, the issue is that he is very slow and potentially will not be able to get to the scoring areas in a timely way. It is a major red flag IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad