- willing to give a home team discount

I see New Jersey as my home
- i want to stay with Devils
- i like my current environment and i am not looking to move
- New York is nearby and i will sign with the Rangers

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Maybe, I’m looking too much into it, but Fitz not giving a presser yet, means the possibility of Ruff getting fired is higher. They can keep him around as an advisor for Jack, ( unless someone wants him).

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Maybe, I’m looking too much into it, but Fitz not giving a presser yet, means the possibility of Ruff getting fired is higher. They can keep him around as an advisor for Jack, ( unless someone wants him).
I have a few thoughts on this.
1. Fitzy's procastination will result in Devils getting last pickings of available head coaches.
2. Kevin dineen is his man to take over from Ruff and will wait til Utica playoffs is over before formerly annoucing this.
3. Fitzy is waiting on ownership approval to either keep or fire Ruff.

Reactions: mdj12784

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Listening to lindys presser the one questions was truly eye opening.

Jack,Nico,Mack have been healthy together only 20% of the games Lindy has been coach. Couple that with Crawford last yr, the other injuries this yr...Bernier..Dougie...etc.

I'm starting to feel the injuries have saved Ruffs job...albeit with a extremely short leash next yr

I missed the Nico drama but his response was not related to the question but it was a poor question anyway. Maybe I am missing context but the reporter made the connection between Luff and the 20% figure and Nico responds with “no comment”?

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'm feeling more confident Ruff is on the outs along with the rest of the coaching barnacles. I hear that Gronborg is on the hot seat at Zurich after blowing a 3-0 playoff series lead, just saying.

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
I have a few thoughts on this.
1. Fitzy's procastination will result in Devils getting last pickings of available head coaches.
2. Kevin dineen is his man to take over from Ruff and will wait til Utica playoffs is over before formerly annoucing this.
3. Fitzy is waiting on ownership approval to either keep or fire Ruff.
I know Dineen has done a good job down there and alot of posters speak highly of him but I personally wish we would bring in an established nhl playoff winner coach. I feel like our organization is like a country club. Either the same staff just sticks around or someone gets hired with previous connections. I really want an outsider to come in so we can get an outside perspective of how bad we really are.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm convinced that Travis Green is one of the worst head coaches to pass through the NHL in quite some time. Well, actually Freddy's cousin Ralph in Buffalo, but I think the worst 3 of the last half a decade have to be Green, Krueger and Doug Weight.

And because of Freddy's cousin Ralph, I'm a little scared of Gronborg. If Ralph Krueger was never a thing (or at least the recent Buffalo stint didn't happen), I wouldn't be so scared, but after reading stuff like his last shot in the NHL was a failure because he brought a European coaching style to the NHL meant for Euro leagues, I'm a little more hesitant on Gronborg than I would have been.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'm convinced that Travis Green is one of the worst head coaches to pass through the NHL in quite some time. Well, actually Freddy's cousin Ralph in Buffalo, but I think the worst 3 of the last half a decade have to be Green, Krueger and Doug Weight.

And because of Freddy's cousin Ralph, I'm a little scared of Gronborg. If Ralph Krueger was never a thing (or at least the recent Buffalo stint didn't happen), I wouldn't be so scared, but after reading stuff like his last shot in the NHL was a failure because he brought a European coaching style to the NHL meant for Euro leagues, I'm a little more hesitant on Gronborg than I would have been.
Gronborg is far more familiar with the North American game than Krueger ever was. He played here, he even went to school here.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I don't think a rookie coach ( to the NA game ) is the right choice for this team...call me crazy

Yeah I don’t get this one at all? Potential shiny new toy that may or may not be a good NHL coach? Not sure what’s driving this hypetrain in Devils fanhood.

Reactions: McDuffz88

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Gronberg might be alright as an assistant, but I don’t want someone who has never coached in North American hockey to be the head coach. It is a different game.
Post automatically merged:

I think with some small tweaks and .900 goaltending they can sneak into the playoffs next year.
This is a quite damning statement of the front office and coaching staff.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I think they can leapfrog Columbus, leapfrogging the Islanders is not clear to me. Maybe Bergeron and Malkin retire? Maybe Crosby or Ovechkin gets hurt? Seems like most likely path to playoffs would be as a wildcard and the Bruins collapsing really.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, it's not like he's unfamiliar with the North American game. Nobody thought hiring an AHL coach was a good idea either, then Jon Cooper shattered that narrative.
Most everybody starts out an AHL head coach or assistant NHL coach though? Sometimes they’re coaching in the juniors for close to 15 years like DeBoer.

Reactions: Guttersniped

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I don't really care either way if it's a rookie coach or not. Ideal would be Sullivan I think if he gets let go.

A new blood option could be someone like Ryan Warsofsky as well, he's really done well at the AHL level as a head coach.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
1. Paul Maurice
2. John Tortorella
3. Kevin Dineen
4. Joel Quenneville

Those are the guys in order who I hope is the next head coach of the Devils.

1. Retired. He’s not that old so he may come back one day, but I doubt it will be this year. I doubt he’s retired for good, but I also doubt he wants to come back after less than a year to coach here.

2. Meh. He’s not the worst option, but I’d probably pass.

3. No. Just…..no. It’s just a no. He would have been fine as an interim if we were to have fired Ruff mid-season and it could have been an audition for him. He shouldn’t be a legit candidate for an off-season hire.

4. He’s a piece of shit human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad