Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Nosebleed

Oct 10, 2014
I wouldn't want to have to look at Brind'amour for a full season.

Dude always looks like he just sucked on a lemon.
He looks like a Ren and Stimpy character.
0E5502BD-2E17-4F4F-90B1-800B87EA7278.jpeg

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Definitely agree on top cheese/top cheddar. Who the hell keeps cheese on the top shelf? Even if it’s on the top shelf of your fridge, everyone can reach it, unless it’s a little kid. The fridge isn’t that high. It would make more sense to say top freezer where the ice cream is or some shit.

The cookies one doesn’t bother me much, as I’m sure many people keep their cookies up in a high cabinet.

The guy that replaced Peter McNab on Avalanche color commentary is the worst with these. Every time someone scored top shelf, he tries to come up with something different that mana hides in the top shelf. And many times he’ll say something that makes no sense at all, probably because he couldn’t think up something to say in time that makes sense.

One time last year in LA he said something like “Top shelf! Where mama hides the……. What do they hide in LA? Hairspray!”. He kind of missed an opportunity to make a Hollywood sign reference about the top shelf, but I wouldn’t have thought about it in the moment either.

Another time he said “Top shelf! Where mama hides 3 Logan O’Connor’s!”.

What the f*** man? How did she hide 3 Logan O’Connor’s? Did she clone him and kill them all? Are these Logan O’Connor bobble heads or something?

Like I said, he’s so cringy and just not quick whitted enough (neither am I, most people aren’t) to even think of something clever when he makes that call, so he should just stop making it.

Are you living in the dark ages? My freezer is on the bottom with French doors up top for the frig. Think I saw an old Price is Right episode from the early 70's with the freezer on the bottom but only one frig door up top.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are you living in the dark ages? My freezer is on the bottom with French doors up top for the frig. Think I saw an old Price is Right episode from the early 70's with the freezer on the bottom but only one frig door up top.
Mine is still on the bottom. And I just got a new fridge last year, so it’s not an old one.

My friend has a really fancy one where the freezer is on the right side and the fridge is on the left side. Or maybe it’s the other way around.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I prefer single door on top. The French doors don't really close on their own, and I'm in the habit of swinging the door closed while turning and walking away

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Too bad his smarts haven't translated well onto the ice.
He always comes off as a very smart guy. I have a feeling that his intelligence allowed him to be an NHL player and without that high level, he wouldn’t have made it to this level at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad