Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK

uau-wow.gif

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
He’s gotta be looking around and see how Columbus just signed Babcock for $4 million a year and then the best one, Todd McLellan getting FIVE million per and going “Huh?”.

Once again, it’s time to remind everyone that Todd McLellan is the highest publicly listed salary on Capfriendly in the NHL! $100k grand more per than Laviolette and a full million more than Torts. How does this happen? And I’m pretty sure this is a contract that was given back in 2019! What the f***? The only thing higher than that was Babcock’s Toronto salary.

Mind you, not every coach’s salary is listed on here. Cooper and Sullivan being the two biggest names that are listed as “Unknown” on salary. It’s hard to believe both of them make less than McLellan. Bednar’s extension, which doesn’t kick in until 24-25 still is only listed at $4.75 million. So it’s possible Cooper and Sullivan make more. Sullivan was just extended a year ago, if I’m not mistaken, but I don’t think Cooper has re-upped since the Lightning won the two cups, so he probably does make under $5 million.

Once again, how the f*** does McLellan make $5 million per? Does Rob Blake just OVERPAY whoever he feels like overpaying? He also gave equipment assistant I mean goalie Cal Petersen over $5 million on a 3 year deal after proving absolutely nothing, just because he was supposed to be the heir to Quick and played solid in 40-something games before that.

If Fitz gave Blackwood that deal, who proved more than Petersen before his second deal, even if he had played decently on it, I think he may have been on the hot seat by now. He only got half as (roughly) much per year as Petersen with the same term from us back in 2020.

Rob Blake needs to make a pilgrimage to the mecca of Briere for getting him out of that stupid deal.

I wonder what he thinks he has to pay McLellan on his next deal to keep him around?

Who is this Blackwood person you want Fitz to sign to a long expensive contract? Why are you advocating so hard for this unknown person? Tell us why you think he’s worth that sort of contract.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When the Kovy trade happened I was more than pissed we gave up Bergfors. I legitimately thought he was going to be a star.
I love looking back on stuff like this and laughing at myself for being mad about something. I don't care that Kovy ended in a disaster... He was maybe the most exciting and explosive player this team has ever had and it was a pleasure to watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad