Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’m interested to see how the PPs end up shaking out. We desperately needed right handed shooters last year and it looks like we’ll have 2 to plug in with Toffoli and Holtz.

Reactions: Guadana

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I honestly can't recall ever hearing top cheese or top cheddar as a hockey expression?

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
How many starts do you think Schmid gets this year? I drafted him late in one of my fantasy leagues and hope he takes the net over during the season lol

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
1695405961678.png

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm sure now that it's been mentioned I'm going to hear it everywhere

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Every time someone says top cheese or top cheddar I want to blow my brains out. Dumbest f***ing expression in sports.
Or Blow yourself up with @Cheddabombs ?

I honestly can't recall ever hearing top cheese or top cheddar as a hockey expression?

Actually, I haven't either... I mean, I presume they mean in a hockey reference as to going top shelf?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Or Blow yourself up with @Cheddabombs ?

Actually, I haven't either... I mean, I presume they mean in a hockey reference as to going top shelf?
That is what it refers to. Shooting top shelf where momma keeps the cookies. I'm not sure where the cheese got added. It's leaked from hockey to lacrosse where it is used in the same way. Given the overlap of hockey and lacrosse in Canada it wouldn't shock me if it originated with lax. It has that lax bro vibe.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Every time someone says top cheese or top cheddar I want to blow my brains out. Dumbest f***ing expression in sports.
Where momma keeps the cookies?
Definitely agree on top cheese/top cheddar. Who the hell keeps cheese on the top shelf? Even if it’s on the top shelf of your fridge, everyone can reach it, unless it’s a little kid. The fridge isn’t that high. It would make more sense to say top freezer where the ice cream is or some shit.

The cookies one doesn’t bother me much, as I’m sure many people keep their cookies up in a high cabinet.

The guy that replaced Peter McNab on Avalanche color commentary is the worst with these. Every time someone scored top shelf, he tries to come up with something different that mama hides in the top shelf. And many times he’ll say something that makes no sense at all, probably because he couldn’t think up something to say in time that makes sense.

One time last year in LA he said something like “Top shelf! Where mama hides the……. What do they hide in LA? Hairspray!”. He kind of missed an opportunity to make a Hollywood sign reference about the top shelf, but I wouldn’t have thought about it in the moment either.

Another time he said “Top shelf! Where mama hides 3 Logan O’Connor’s!”.

What the f*** man? How did she hide 3 Logan O’Connor’s? Did she clone him and kill them all? Are these Logan O’Connor bobble heads or something?

Like I said, he’s so cringy and just not quick whitted enough (neither am I, most people aren’t) to even think of something clever when he makes that call, so he should just stop making it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad