Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So we are discussing gastroenterology, or maybe endocrinology if you prefer, game meat, the dispositions of golden retrievers, and apparently @glenwo2 has gallstones? Ugh. Get well soon and with minimal discomfort. I'll suggest this day's posts can be chalked up to "it's always darkest before the dawn" to those who cannot fathom the veering off topic we engage in.

To bring it back on topic, which NJ Devils do you think go hunting with their golden retrievers on the way to appointments with their gastroenterologist while suffering from gallstones? My money is on Dano who does it all while smoking a cigar and he even brings Genucel samples for the animals who might be a little chapped while running away.
Screenshot_20230920-151943_1.png

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Moose ribeye? Moose filet? Moose brisket? Moose sirloin? I'd expect Moose to be pretty lean and the tougher cuts would need to be slow cooked for a long time to soften them up. Likely braising? I'd be surprised if it was fatty enough to be amenable to smoking bbq style but maybe parts of it can be?
Moose burgers for the win. Have them every time I'm at my buddy's in Maine.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I once asked a female nurse what was worse pain, giving birth or kidney stones and she said kidney stones was worse for her. Just awful. Hopefully they do not return. But @Guadana has a point, as you get older it becomes more important to eat relatively healthy.
"Calcium deposit" stones, actually.

(or rather I had them less than a year ago....was not fun)
The problem with soda or very fatty food or a lot of sugar that you are eating very hard food for digesting. And the situation with the gallbladder and pancreas changes gradually and imperceptibly, without manifesting itself. Well, in general, the issues of insulin and potential diabetes will not go away. And this is not just chatter, I have been eating well for a long time, but from time to time, of course, I allowed myself a lot of spicy food, or eating a lot food in one time because Im making a lot of sports and its not like calories is a problem, and in my student years I ate at random. As a result, now at the ultrasound, I learned about some problems, not serious, but which take place and require adjustments in nutrition.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The problem with soda or very fatty food or a lot of sugar that you are eating very hard food for digesting. And the situation with the gallbladder and pancreas changes gradually and imperceptibly, without manifesting itself. Well, in general, the issues of insulin and potential diabetes will not go away. And this is not just chatter, I have been eating well for a long time, but from time to time, of course, I allowed myself a lot of spicy food, or eating a lot food in one time because Im making a lot of sports and its not like calories is a problem, and in my student years I ate at random. As a result, now at the ultrasound, I learned about some problems, not serious, but which take place and require adjustments in nutrition.
It's all those blintzes and pierogis and caviar you wash down with vodka.

Reactions: JimEIV

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It's all those blintzes and pierogis and caviar you wash down with vodka.
Smoking Cigarettes. And yogurt with bananas, which I ate instead of a normal meal when I worked in my youth. Or chip pasta with mayonnaise, which I ate when I lived on three dollars for three days. It was a long time ago, but I think it made some damage, and after covid this has started to have an impact.
just wait until january when i post pictures of the sausages i make for the smokehouse
I have been working so hard on the recipe for cooking lamb this summer, but so far I am forbidden to eat fried for the next month.

Reactions: My3Sons

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
Moose burgers for the win. Have them every time I'm at my buddy's in Maine.
I shot a moose calf two weeks ago and i'm waiting for the right time to smoke the heart, super nice. Just made some beef stroganoff which was very good. There will be some burgers from the minced meat, just chop bacon into small parts and mix in with the meat to fatten it up a bit.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I shot a moose calf two weeks ago and i'm waiting for the right time to smoke the heart, super nice. Just made some beef stroganoff which was very good. There will be some burgers from the minced meat, just chop bacon into small parts and mix in with the meat to fatten it up a bit.
Where?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You shot Bambi? You are cruel and callous. And do you mean Moose Stroganoff? Still, you are a stone cold killer. Please send me some. I'm sure it's yummy.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
The whole “eating” thing is slowing that down, tbh.
It doesn't have to, there is plenty of places and services to get food. Another perk, you can decide how much you want, quality and/or quantity, and do just enough to get it, or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad