Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 training camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
the only one that was announced was that guy from the Flyers. I don't even remember his name.
0be5a8a0-dfdc-41df-8666-e50e574400c7_text.gif

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Wonderful piece.

totally agree. put him in the neglected, meaningless ‘ring of honor’ whatever that is. that’s very fitting, and it’s exactly where he belongs.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So long as he only wants venison, wild boar, or pheasant.
I don't have any boar...but you got me thinking.

A half dozen of spiney lobster tails my buddy dove for. Two pheasants another buddy shot. Probably 20 lbs of venison left that I harvested. A few moose steaks my dad shot in Idaho.

I get a lot of clams to from another friend. We all trade. I trade venison summer sausage, hot dogs, jerky for game birds and shell fish. I like pheasants for the feathers to tie flies and then I trade flies I tied.

It's not really "trade" we give what we have an abundance of to each other.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I wouldn't be opposed to giving Lou his own banner - after he retires. The islanderes gave Al Arbour his own banner.

IMO the Ring of Honor should be for important players who are worth recognizing but don't quite reach the level of number retirement (MacLean, Brylin, Gionta, etc) OR non-players of importance (Doc, Lemaire, Burns).

A giant LOU with three cups up in the rafters next to the five boys would be a lot of fun.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I wouldn't be opposed to giving Lou his own banner - after he retires. The islanderes gave Al Arbour his own banner.

IMO the Ring of Honor should be for important players who are worth recognizing but don't quite reach the level of number retirement (MacLean, Brylin, Gionta, etc) OR non-players of importance (Doc, Lemaire, Burns).

A giant LOU with three cups up in the rafters next to the five boys would be a lot of fun.
They already began with McMullen...if they went the player route maybe you start with the Devils first Captain in Don Lever or something along those lines

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey

Lou is never going to retire. He is going to die while still working. Id much rather him do it now before its too late or he can barely function

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lou is never going to retire. He is going to die while still working. Id much rather him do it now before its too late or he can barely function
He may not work until he dies if he gets fired before that. I can't think he'll have another GM or hockey ops president job after this, just because he'll be well into his 80s by the time he's done with this job. He may work for the Islanders or possibly us in one of those ''Celebratory'' roles, if he has no other opportunities.

Reactions: Darkauron

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
He may not work until he dies if he gets fired before that. I can't think he'll have another GM or hockey ops president job after this, just because he'll be well into his 80s by the time he's done with this job. He may work for the Islanders or possibly us in one of those ''Celebratory'' roles, if he has no other opportunities.
I thought that holding leadership positions for 80-year-olds was not a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought that holding leadership positions for 80-year-olds was not a problem.
I figure by the time he's done with the Islanders, he could be at least 83.

I'm not sure how many year contract he just got, but I figure he's safe this year, no matter what happens. If they're bad the next two years or at least in the second year, he's probably not coming back for 25-26, if I had to guess.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't have any boar...but you got me thinking.

A half dozen of spiney lobster tails my buddy dove for. Two pheasants another buddy shot. Probably 20 lbs of venison left that I harvested. A few moose steaks my dad shot in Idaho.

I get a lot of clams to from another friend. We all trade. I trade venison summer sausage, hot dogs, jerky for game birds and shell fish. I like pheasants for the feathers to tie flies and then I trade flies I tied.

It's not really "trade" we give what we have an abundance of to each other.
Moose ribeye? Moose filet? Moose brisket? Moose sirloin? I'd expect Moose to be pretty lean and the tougher cuts would need to be slow cooked for a long time to soften them up. Likely braising? I'd be surprised if it was fatty enough to be amenable to smoking bbq style but maybe parts of it can be?

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad