Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023 offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Patty’s biggest issue is no hardware, not the logo on his jersey. Each Sedin has some (Daniel: Ross/Pearson, Henrik: Hart).

So if Patty was the best forward on two cup winning Leaf or Hab teams with over 1,000 career points in the dead puck era he wouldn’t be in? I find that hard to believe.

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
Good. Stay away. Absolute no-go on the trade and re-signing cost.
Any way we can get them to take VV and Palat as part of the deal? You rid yourselves of those two salaries and maybe it would be something to consider. I still think Helle is going to hit a wall and break down at some point, but he might have a couple great seasons in him yet. All told I would probably just stay away.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Any way we can get them to take VV and Palat as part of the deal? You rid yourselves of those two salaries and maybe it would be something to consider. I still think Helle is going to hit a wall and break down at some point, but he might have a couple great seasons in him yet. All told I would probably just stay away.
They shouldn't have signed Palat in the first place and I said as much.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If we could somehow get Hellebuyck for Vanecek + Sharangovich, him as a rental might not be the worst case scenario.

That next contract is just worrisome. He’s looking for his retirement contract and there’s a really good chance he implodes a few years into his deal. I wouldn’t want to go more than 4 years on him or else it would massively backfire.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Good luck convincing Palat to leave a stanley
cup contender, waive his NMC, and move to the least desirable location in North American pro sports.

Dylan9z9

LGD 2024-25
May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Any way we can get them to take VV and Palat as part of the deal? You rid yourselves of those two salaries and maybe it would be something to consider. I still think Helle is going to hit a wall and break down at some point, but he might have a couple great seasons in him yet. All told I would probably just stay
We certainly need a shut the door goalie who doesn't let in softies If we could do it I would take a flyer on Hellebuyck!

Offseason Champs

May 16, 2011
They are never going to move Palat a year after they signed him and we went to the 2nd round. If anything it'd likely center around Sharangovich or Vanecek or even (can you imagine?) Blackwood. I wouldn't touch it and would just wait a year or whatever for ufa

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
They aren’t trading a guy like Palat one year into a long-term deal. They are keeping him for at least another 2 years. It’s a bad look to make that signing and reverse course so quickly. It’s a turn off for future signings.

He also has a NMC

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
No interest in Hellebuyck with what his extension will cost and no interest in paying the price it’d cost to have him for one year. Absolute no go.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Getting Hellebuyck for one year while Schmid to become the full time backup isn’t the worst idea. Giving him a big extension is a bad idea.

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Not really eager to give up assets for goaltending but to entertain the idea

What about Saros ? Two more years left if they are looking to upgrade in net and only 27

I wonder if Spencer knight is available(issues aside) he may have fallen out of favor in Florida after the recent run with bob

Reactions: Stephen Gionta

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Not really eager to give up assets for goaltending but to entertain the idea

What about Saros ? Two more years left if they are looking to upgrade in net and only 27

Trotz said he's not moving him unless an offer blows him away

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad