Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - 2023-24 season part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
They confirmed they are playing after each goal, that's cool...

you've been warned :laugh:

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.16.16 PM.png

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
About Corey Crawford:

"You had worked so hard to get back from your concussions. It seemed like you were ready to play for a few more seasons. Was it a matter of if the Blackhawks had offered you a contract that you would have remained playing and that motivation wasn’t there when you got to New Jersey?

No, my motivation was there. I wanted to play with Jersey. Mentally, I just couldn’t. From the medication, it’s tough to say. … Honestly, it was a little embarrassing because no one really understands that part, right? It’s easy to say, “Oh, my leg is broken or this and that.” When you’re explaining that stuff, no one understands or only a certain amount of people understand. I just mentally was done. I almost lost my mind. That’s hard, I didn’t exactly know what was going on. I lost my mind, to be honest, being on those medications. Even coming off them was worse, off the benzos. It was tough. I felt horrible for Jersey too to put them in a bad spot. … I wanted to be there and go and win a Stanley Cup. But the position I was in, I wouldn’t have been much help."

Bone Density

Jul 27, 2022
About Corey Crawford:

"You had worked so hard to get back from your concussions. It seemed like you were ready to play for a few more seasons. Was it a matter of if the Blackhawks had offered you a contract that you would have remained playing and that motivation wasn’t there when you got to New Jersey?

No, my motivation was there. I wanted to play with Jersey. Mentally, I just couldn’t. From the medication, it’s tough to say. … Honestly, it was a little embarrassing because no one really understands that part, right? It’s easy to say, “Oh, my leg is broken or this and that.” When you’re explaining that stuff, no one understands or only a certain amount of people understand. I just mentally was done. I almost lost my mind. That’s hard, I didn’t exactly know what was going on. I lost my mind, to be honest, being on those medications. Even coming off them was worse, off the benzos. It was tough. I felt horrible for Jersey too to put them in a bad spot. … I wanted to be there and go and win a Stanley Cup. But the position I was in, I wouldn’t have been much help."

Oh, wow. I'm glad Corey is talking it openly though. Not an easy thing to admit.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
About Corey Crawford:

Sad to hear

If its any consolation to him though, Rogalski would have possibly f***ed him up no matter if he was feeling good mentally or not. That was Rogalski's first year here.

I was really excited when we signed him. Him and Cory were the only two times I was really excited to add a goalie. We didn't add too many between 93 and 13.

I can't remember when I even found out we had drafted Marty or even anything about him, other than his first couple of games here in 92. It was harder to follow prospects and acquisitions back then.

Getting Vanbiesbrouck in 01 was kind of cool. We all knew he wouldn't hardly play anyway and he was old by the time he got here.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
About Corey Crawford:

Totally changes my perspective on him. I thought he just decided not to play because he didn't want to.

Kudos to him for talking about this openly. Not easy.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
All the best to Crawford.

Even with him saying he wouldn’t be at his best, he obviously would have been an upgrade over the carousel of goalies in that two year span. The dynamic of the team would have been slightly different - the Devils probably could have won a few more games - different draft position: no Luke, Nemec, or probably even Casey.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Was anyone else impressed with Hatakka and Miller last game? Bastian had one of his best games too.

We gave up a bazillion grade a chances against Vitek tho.
Devils seemed to do pretty well against 2 of the Colorado lines.

The Wood line was able to get some looks using their aggression but nothing too crazy.

Then the MacKinnon line was tough to handle but I think a lot of teams leave games against Colorado feeling that way.

——————

Hatakka is making the most of his opportunity. He’s being active, making defensive plays, not getting caught doing anything stupid. I think if he played less well last game he would have rotated out tonight but the coaches liked his play enough that he earned staying on.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I’m not even that big a “Fire Ruff” gal but I once the idea came into my head I had to do it.

While forced to be on their crap site I wondered if Fanatics…

This has to mean you’re all in on the “fire Ruff” train now. Unless it’s more of a *wears a band shirt but can’t name 3 songs* vibe

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
I was disappointed when he retired, but I figured it had to be something really bad because he walked away from almost $8 million.
i thought he saw our roster and system and noped out lol. it sucks that that happened to him. but at least i feel better about it now and that’s really what’s important

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
We are deep at RW with Bratt, Mercer, Holtz, etc. Meier flops between wings. Toffoli and Palat are older and play LW. It seems there could be a logjam at RW for years to come. Looking towards the future…can Grits or Lenni play LW?

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
We are deep at RW with Bratt, Mercer, Holtz, etc. Meier flops between wings. Toffoli and Palat are older and play LW. It seems there could be a logjam at RW for years to come. Looking towards the future…can Grits or Lenni play LW?
I could see Bratt shift over. A future line of Bratt-Jack-Lenni might be interesting if Lenni ends up being as smart as he looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad